Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensor ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 sensor ?

i put longtubes and a ory on my car, i zip tied the rear 02's up and one fell and got messed up. so after replacing it my cars running like ****. what do you do with rear 02's normally when u put an ory in? and what will make my car run normal again? thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Rear O2's are normally removed when doing the LT swap.
Read, Read, Read some more, ...

How messed up? Burned thru wires & got them crossed?
New one should have been a plug-n-play. Was it?
Seriously, most people have them 'tuned out' by a PCM change in the tune. Got a local dyno shop that can help with tuning?
Or they use O2 Simulators. 'O2 Sims'. All they do is fool the system into a false 'Everything Okay' signal.
Unless the wires were burnt thru & crossed or soemthing, I can't believe that would be the reason for the car to run like crap.

Also, since LT's are 'External Engine', ..., you'll probably get a move to that forum, or more likely to the 'PCM & Tuning' forum.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

my car had them tuned out and was running great then the passenger side 02 wires got cut and my servise engine light popped up so i changed it out and hasnt gone back to normal, is there anyway to reset the codes?
Old 06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If they were 'tuned out', why were they even still on there?
Did ya try to disconnect the battery for a while?
Have a local repair shop reset them with their code scanner?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

i didnt know u were sapposed to unplug them, i disconnected the battery and that shut off the service light but as soon as i shut it off it comes right back, i took it my local autozone cuz the y can clear codes but their scanner couldnt find anything.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cory123456
i didnt know u were sapposed to unplug them, i disconnected the battery and that shut off the service light but as soon as i shut it off it comes right back, i took it my local autozone cuz the y can clear codes but their scanner couldnt find anything.
If that's what you meant by "tuned out," then the SES light is going to come back after a while -- 30 minutes of driving or so? Tuning is like sending in your PCM to one of the mail order tune guys or going to a shop where they plug into and mess around with the settings.

Like PontiacFan said, with most headers installs, you don't use rear o2s. For instance, I got Pacesetter Headers (probably most common around these parts), and they don't even have the bungs for the rear O2 sensors, so there's nowhere to plug them into.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

My cars tuned by frost, and I had the lt's on for awhile and no ses light came on until the wire got messed up