Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why is my car still running bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why is my car still running bad?

ok, gang, i am stumped! I have been dealing with my car cutting off on me for months now. i have a 99 ta with heads cam lt's x pipe, full tune, rear o2 deletes, 92mm intake and big mouth tb. ok, my car has died on me while driving before the intake and throttle body and tune. everytime i take it to a mechanic, it works fine and never gives them any issues.

while getting the car tuned, the car went lean every run at 4300 rpm, so i replaced the fuel pump assuming that was the issue for the car sputtering on me and losing throttle response. well, no that didn't work. i had 2 o2 codes for inactivity or something and 2 tps codes. the tuner tuned them out, said it will work fine and i was on my way. car was driving fine and everything for about 3 miles. then the sputtering and stuff started again. i replaced the tps. the codes are gone and i have no ses light. but, my car still has very terrible throttle response, and the idle dropped to maybe 900 to 400 to almost shutting off, but after i played with maybe every wire in the damn car, i cut it back on ten minutes later and the car idled fine for maybe 10+ minutes no problems. i revved the heck out of it to see ifr the idle would drop like it had every time before then. it didn't. but my throttle response was still the same terrible sputtering lag. im lost u guys, i need some help. i really need to get this car fixed after a drunk driver totalled my brand new car a couple of weeks ago.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*sigh* another weekend of not being able to drive...