Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you WS6 owners using to seal your lower airbox with the FTRA?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What are you WS6 owners using to seal your lower airbox with the FTRA?

Picked up the FTRA setup last week and got it installed. The supplied rubber seal that they send is too short for the "taller" opening that the WS6's use. They say in the instructions to use duct tape or something to supplement the rubber seal to get it to seal. My question is what are you guys using to seal it. I'm not really a fan of the duct tape method... seems like a pretty shoddy method. I originally used the rubber seal and two pieces of 1/2" foam weatherstripping, but the weatherstripping won't stick to the rubber seal so I was wondering what you guys are using?? I guess I could get a lower airbox from a Z or a base T/A... I'd like to just keep the one I have though.

Here's a pic of what I've got so far with the middle piece of weatherstripping missing. I want it to look professional and factory, not shitting and "rigged" together.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Up...
Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would find a piece of automotive plastic at a junkyard that is relatively flat and cut it to that shape. Neon Door panels work wonders.... and it looks factory...