Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pan-E-Vac Question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pan-E-Vac Question...

What is the proper way to set up a pan-e-vac system? How should the tube going into the exhaust be shaped? What angle should it be at?

I don't want people the just quote what they've read. I want some solid proven info...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Bump for help.....

It's hard to believe nobody has info on this....
Old 07-17-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Nobody? Really?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Bump...................

Really guys I want to see a working crank case evac system...........
Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Teching In

I have never pieced a set together but have used Moroso PN#25900. The kit comes with all the necessary parts. The 2 nipples are installed on a 45degree angle, 1/2 inch inside, in each header collector (midway in the collector)before the y-pipe/x-pipe. The important part is to have each nipple FACING the front so that the exiting gas has an easier job of pulling vacuum. The nipples are pre-cut on a 45 degree angle and installed in the header at 45degrees.

After the nipples you then thread on the 1 way check valve and from there go to the parts store and get some 5/8 heater hose( i always used the red color hose) to connect to the breathers that are installed in each valve cover.

This setup works good for a drag car but as soon as you put mufflers on it sort of stops working, way to much backpressure for a street car. I would put some anti sieze on the 1 way check valves to make it easier when taking apart. Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by suppasix
I have never pieced a set together but have used Moroso PN#25900. The kit comes with all the necessary parts. The 2 nipples are installed on a 45degree angle, 1/2 inch inside, in each header collector (midway in the collector)before the y-pipe/x-pipe. The important part is to have each nipple FACING the front so that the exiting gas has an easier job of pulling vacuum. The nipples are pre-cut on a 45 degree angle and installed in the header at 45degrees.

After the nipples you then thread on the 1 way check valve and from there go to the parts store and get some 5/8 heater hose( i always used the red color hose) to connect to the breathers that are installed in each valve cover.

This setup works good for a drag car but as soon as you put mufflers on it sort of stops working, way to much backpressure for a street car. I would put some anti sieze on the 1 way check valves to make it easier when taking apart. Hope this helps.
That totally helps!

When you say to have each nipple facing the front what exactly do you mean? I think I kind of grasp what you are saying but i'm not sure..............
Old 07-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Check your pm's, sent you a few links, let me know if you need more info. Non sponser stuff and dont want to cause trouble.