Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Accessories on F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Accessories on F-Body

Ok guys I need some help here. I bought a 99 Vette LS1 and the engine will be going into a 00 Firebird. I have been looking around for over a week now a, are still not sure want will work. I am wanting to use the these off the corvette LS1:
AC Compressor w/ bracket
Water Pump with Tensioner that is bolted to it

and then buy these F-Body accessories:
Crank Pulley
Alternator w/ bracket
Water Pump w/ bracket

PLease let me know this will work. I read that they have different water pumps and that would really suck (I still can't see them being different, maybe the tensioner thats bolted to the top of it but thats it). And with the Other F-body accessories will I be good to go? I think but I'm not sure. Thanks guys

Corvette

F-Body

Last edited by pemberton; 07-07-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Launching!

The Vettes are supposed to sit 3/4" closer to the block. So I don't know how the other stuff will line up if I put the F-Body crank pulley on. Just let me know the AC compressor and brackets will line up. And also the water pump tensioner thats bolted to the top left will still line up. The whole right side accessories I am getting F-Body (alternator and power steering pump). Thanks again
Old 07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Might be better off trading someone in the hybrid swap section your corvette stuff for fbody stuff
Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need to use all vette or all f-body. The crank pulleys are different and WILL NOT line up. I did not know this when I installed f-body accessories on an LS6 with the vette crank pulley on it until I went to put the belt on. It will not work in any way, shape or form. FWIW the alternator/PS themselvers are the same but it uses a different bracket so you can reuse that
Old 07-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
The crank pulleys are different and WILL NOT line up.

I am swaping for a F-Body crank pulley...

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
FWIW the alternator/PS themselvers are the same but it uses a different bracket so you can reuse that
The power steering pump also is not the same. The Vette has a separate tank and the F-Body one is mounted to the pump and pulley...
Old 07-07-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pemberton
I am swaping for a F-Body crank pulley...

The power steering pump also is not the same. The Vette has a separate tank and the F-Body one is mounted to the pump and pulley...
The physical pulley size is the same, is what I meant, which I thought was what you were asking about. If you use the f-body crank pulley and f-body PS/ALT/AC brackets you should be fine using the vette parts. Basic point is, you need all f-body brackets to line up with f-body crank pulley.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Launching!

I can prolly just get a f-body AC compressor bracket that will move the compressor out 3/4" and buy a f-body tensioner that is on the water pump (as well as the things I listed earlier) to make it work.

So basically I'm saying I'll need the power steering pump, alternator, and ac compressor brackets, and the water pump tensioner.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Ok found that the serpinetine belt tensioner for the f-body does stick out further which means the water pumps is the same. So I'll pick one of them up.

Last edited by pemberton; 07-07-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Corvette Accessories on F-Body