Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP traction control module

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP traction control module

Really need some help here and I'm gonna be super pissed if I screwed this one up. Im confused as to how the SLP TCS module works. Is there ANY way I can hook up a plain on/off switch to the traction control fuse or original traction control button so that the new switch works? I already hooked it up in line(thicker red, not thinner orange) with the wire that goes from the battery to the TCS fuse, but it doesn't work at all the TCS is still on wether the switch is turned on or off.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I was pulling fuse so trac control wouldn't be on when i would start car.now i wired a switch to hot side of fuse and have turned off.only thing to turn back on you have to turn off ign and reset (not on fly like slp) never use trac control but this way i can switch on if needed and not on everytime i start car!don't know if it helps but good luck!!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01badbird
I was pulling fuse so trac control wouldn't be on when i would start car.now i wired a switch to hot side of fuse and have turned off.only thing to turn back on you have to turn off ign and reset (not on fly like slp) never use trac control but this way i can switch on if needed and not on everytime i start car!don't know if it helps but good luck!!
Yes this is exactly what I needed. It's what I did, but maybe I wired it to the other side and not the hot side? Which side is the hot side, I wired my switch into the thick red wire going into(or out) of the switch since I thought the red thicker one would be the hot one.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

heres what i was talking bout
Attached Thumbnails SLP traction control module-tcs-wiring.jpg  

Quick Reply: SLP traction control module