Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kooks header and catted y install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kooks header and catted y install question

new kooks headers and catted y just arrived. my question to anyone with this setup is....are the supplied gaskets any good and the headers came with a paper saying some adapter is needed 4 my install on a 01 camaro. i also need to repalce motor mounts with my new engine.any suggestions on brand thanks in advance guys
Old 07-16-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

us the polyurethane motor mounts...many sponsors sell them. I used the gaskets provided by ARH so I would think kooks are ok to use. I have not had a problem with them.
make sure you do the mounts first then the headers.....they are kinda tricky to get to.
good luck
Old 07-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man, i was just concerned about the gaskets...they look sorta cheap and since im doin an engine swap .. i just wanted to do it right the first time and not have to go back later. the adapter thing also had me concerned thanks again
Old 07-18-2010, 03:34 AM
Banned

Those felt gaskets are garbage!

Reuse the multi layered steel stock ones if they're in good shape or get new stock gaskets. I guarantee you'll be pulling the headers off again soon to replace the gaskets if you don't.