Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding PCV system

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding PCV system

If I just bought a new one, my son might kill me when he gets back from Afghanistan! We built this car, and not by replacing stuff with "expensive" stock parts!

It is a '98 with 6.0L truck heads. To me, it looks like it could be "rebuilt" with some heater hose and adapters. Any suggestions?
Old 07-17-2010, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

put in the new ls6 valley cover with the built in pcv ......then you can trash all the stock pcv system
Old 07-17-2010, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

You can do the ls6 valley or you can do what I just did and go to the auto parts store and get 3 or 4 feet of 3/8 fuel line/ pcv hose make shure it's that hose itl say that on it but keep the boot covering the valve cuz app. There hard to find and plum both rear ports on the valve cover to a tee and then that hose to a catch can then catch can hose to the intake make shure and get the proper size hose clamps probly bout 5 or 6 of them!!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hanzy98LS1
You can do the ls6 valley or you can do what I just did and go to the auto parts store and get 3 or 4 feet of 3/8 fuel line/ pcv hose make shure it's that hose itl say that on it but keep the boot covering the valve cuz app. There hard to find and plum both rear ports on the valve cover to a tee and then that hose to a catch can then catch can hose to the intake make shure and get the proper size hose clamps probly bout 5 or 6 of them!!
^^^ yeah, this pretty much sum's it up.
it would be nice to do the ls6 valley cover, but u do have to cut a piece of metal off the block to make it fit.

in the long run it much faster/easier just to get the 3/8 fuel line.(CHEAPER too)
Old 07-17-2010, 02:22 AM

Money really isn't an issue. This is my son and my project. He mostly drives the Aston (thats where it went - see sig - Vegas was good to me). I drive this, mostly when he is abroad. I think he will be happiest with the ls6 valley and since I've got the heads off anyway, what the hell, right!
Thanks for the help folks.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding PCV system