Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI LId

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTI LId

I just got a black MTI lid (one that says "Induction Powersports) off craigslist from a 98 ta that was wrecked. I went to install it and the part that the MAF should go into is way to small. It is about th same diameter as the MAF. With the MTI lids do you ned a coupler to conect the MAF and lid or is there something different woth this lid? Also there isnt enough room for me to use my slp bellow so do I need 2 smaller couplers?
Old 07-28-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KenrickCustom
I just got a black MTI lid (one that says "Induction Powersports) off craigslist from a 98 ta that was wrecked. I went to install it and the part that the MAF should go into is way to small. It is about th same diameter as the MAF. With the MTI lids do you ned a coupler to conect the MAF and lid or is there something different woth this lid? Also there isnt enough room for me to use my slp bellow so do I need 2 smaller couplers?
just sold mine today and yes I included a coupler with it
Old 07-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Default New Issue

Just talked to the guy and he doesn't have the bellow that goes from the lid to the MAF. What should i use to connect them? What do you guys think is the best solution? (looked on ebay and cant find them)
Old 07-29-2010, 04:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

use a hairdryer to heat up the neck, it should slide right on
Old 07-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
use a hairdryer to heat up the neck, it should slide right on
No thats where the problem is the maf and the lid openeing are the same size. For "using a hairdryer" to work the lid diameter would have to stretch
4mm. No way its going to work. the MAF isnt supposed to go inside the lid openeing it was auppose to come with a small coupler to join the two.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fernco ducting is the first thing that comes to mind. Can pick it up at Lowes, do a search for it and you should get some threads discussing it. Any type of slightly stretchy neoprene tubing should work, though.