Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The greatest accident ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The greatest accident ever!!!

So holy ****!!! Get this, im deployed right now to afganistan, got wife and 2 boys holdin it down in the states. Anyway, in a nutshell, my car has fallen out of inspection since ive been gone and in part its because the LM exhaust and TSP catted-y are rattling loose on the car cause i did a cam swap awhile before i left and i needed it to be welded up. Anyway, car wouldnt pass like that, so i talk to the wife and say go too this place, when u go to get it fixed, ask the guy if he does true duals, cause im thinkin when i get home, that would be optimal to have done for power and sound, since im tryin to get the most out of my setup. So what i was assuming was she was gonna get the exhaust all welded up and loose the damn clamps and that would fix the leaks, what she thought i meant was, go have them fab me a set of duals!!! So i talk to her tonight and shes like "well the Guy still has ur car waiting on a call back" im thinkin why does he still have it, thought he was just fixin what i got, so i ask and she says, "oh well, u wanted the duals so he is makin em!" Holy sheet, u have no idea, i was blown away, first time in six years that a miss comunication resulted in me getting a mod done to my car that ive wanted for that long. After my shock wore off, i explained and dove right into giving her notes to give him, like x-pipe, ordering QTP cut-outs and having him weld them in, ect ect. So may not be a huge deal to some, but huge deal to me. Im fuggin pchysched! On another note, he told her due to laws, he needs to use the magnaflow cats, which isnt ideal for what i wanted, but i can change that later, i was wondering, i did like 390 through my y-pipe setup after cam with my ss4000 and 4.10s, how much should this bump my power with the cats, keeping in mind im gonna have cut-outs?
Old 08-15-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

your gonna love the sound!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What an accident Batman! LOL
Old 08-15-2010, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup u will love em
Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

im knowin its gonna sound badass, i actually loved my old setup, too much for most. But im really lookin too see a power gain up top with it now that the cam is in. Really this is a mod for the track and help it breath better up top. This exhaust is meant to compliment the heads and intake later down the road. Some guys say u loose low end with duals but hell, i got a freakin 4000 stall and 4.10s, not to worried about that to much. Cant wait to hit a tunnel with the top down, HOLY HELL!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

hey ghost bird, ur in mech. huh? U run at richmond with the RPM boys? Im up that way all the damn time, wish we had an organized group of no bullshit f-bodys in hampton roads. Keep in touch, always lookin for fellow Va enthusiests!!!