Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this sound right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this sound right?

ok so im new to the LSx world... just bought an '02 WS6. the firechicken... had right at 100k miles on it (all highway) and some mods. its got a 2 inch drop, full headers back dual exhaust, and a pretty big cam. i have some extra money laying around and im thinking about throwing it all into the car. my plans so far, SLP full intake kit, bigger fuel injectors w/ new fuel rail, bigger fuel pump, intake manifold w/ TB, MAF, and im trying to set it up for a 100-150 shot...

any advice on actually setting it up for nitrous? im new to the whole idea but i wanna give it a go. also, i have been looking into the comp cams LSxR intake manifold and its looks pretty badass but i was wondering how it compares to the BBK manifolds. oh, and yes, i read the stickies...
thanks guys
Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

the fast intake is FAR better than the BBK intake. Also, I would look in the "parts classifieds" section on here, you can get a pretty good deal on a FAST intake manifold. I doubt that you need larger injectors, and most guys keep the stock MAF.
As for spending $, I would recommend doing some suspension mods, maybe sticky tires if you don't already have some, or maybe drive train upgrades. Is the car a M6 or A4? New clutch or stall would be a great upgrade.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

haha awesome, yeah im guessing m6/a4 mean manua or standard, but anyway, its manual. i think it actually has sway bars and i know it has the front strut brace. all the mods were from the previous owner, i wish i knew what cam was in it, he says he doesnt have the info. its actually got 315's and they are in pretty good condition. i was hoping to get atleast 450 if possible without breaking into the heads or bottom end(with the exception of the cam). what can i expect as of actual numbers with bolt ons? he says with all the exhaust, and cam and a good tune he said he pushed 407 WHP but i never saw a dyno sooooooo... yeah
Old 08-17-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dyno numbers don't mean ****. i would say leave it cam only and worry about drivetrain and suspension. 400 rwhp is plenty to cut a really respectable ET, if you got the money to throw at it i'de say a new rear end would be ****.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cheston11
ok so im new to the LSx world... just bought an '02 WS6. the firechicken... had right at 100k miles on it (all highway) and some mods. its got a 2 inch drop, full headers back dual exhaust, and a pretty big cam. i have some extra money laying around and im thinking about throwing it all into the car. my plans so far, SLP full intake kit, bigger fuel injectors w/ new fuel rail, bigger fuel pump, intake manifold w/ TB, MAF, and im trying to set it up for a 100-150 shot...

any advice on actually setting it up for nitrous? im new to the whole idea but i wanna give it a go. also, i have been looking into the comp cams LSxR intake manifold and its looks pretty badass but i was wondering how it compares to the BBK manifolds. oh, and yes, i read the stickies...
thanks guys
- FAST > BBK
- stock MAF is good to 500rwhp
- what size injectors do you have now
- DON'T get that gay "SLP FLOW PACK" If you want a ram air kit get the CHRS1313 ram air kit $200ish. 2 versions available to delete or keep A/C.
- Bigger fuel pump is a good idea for future mods if you are planning any. A single Walbro 255lph is good for any heads/cam package.
- Fuel rails are for aesthetics

As for nitrous, many sponsors have good solid starter kits, and 100-125 shot can be safely run on stock compression 10:1.1 motor. You will need a GREAT tune to have no worries. Also, 1 step colder spark plugs i.e NGK TR6's
Old 08-17-2010, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and theres a nitrous section too. Good luck
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the stock ls6 intake is good to 450 rwhp,stock injectors about 400 .the stock fuel rail will feed 500rwhp.a EPS cam mite get you 440 rwhp with stock 241 heads.look at a TSP head/cam kit for more power.