Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vic jr set up for a 370??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vic jr set up for a 370??

hey guys im currently under going ordering stuff for my winter 370 build, im trying to do something a little different. i just got of the phone with tsp ..
im ordering my short block through them this winter and sending them my prc 5.3 heads back to have them ported and milled and they recommend that i run an ms4 for my set up.
now to get back on subject im currently running a bbk ssi intake because of nitrous i really didnt want to run an expensive as fast or ls6 because i was scared of having a back fire. so now im trying to increase the flow alittle and switching to a Vic JR intake manifold i dont really want to run an elbow but if i have to i will i just dont really feel like cutting in to my car. but ive been seeing a few set ups that dont call for cutting if i run an elbow is there away to have it match back up to my lid or should i just remove it and run an airfilter off of it.
can anyone give me any information on there set ups?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

First I would reconsider on the cam if you go victor jr. The single plane intakes tend to like a tighter lsa compared to the plastics. Geoff has one on his site that's meant for single planes.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Home town Clive,IA current town FORT BENNING GEORGIA

yeah why is it that some people running this use an elbow and others dont, on top of that alot of guys make higher dyno numbers using the manifold mounted throttle body instead of that elbow. but then again i have also seen dyno graphs that guys havent gained any horse power is this all just because of the style of elbow???
Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mightymike2000ss
yeah why is it that some people running this use an elbow and others dont, on top of that alot of guys make higher dyno numbers using the manifold mounted throttle body instead of that elbow. but then again i have also seen dyno graphs that guys havent gained any horse power is this all just because of the style of elbow???
Ok... I wanted to do exactly what u are doing with my old setup.. If u run the elbow, u are going to lose alot of power, ive seen anywhere from 20-60 lol!! The problem is the elbow really necks it down and makes that hard 90* down into the runner's.. And if u run the elbow u need to run some duration in the cam.. And from what i am told and have seen, if u get to much duration on the intake side with that manifold the rpm range is just gonna want to zing up! So, with that being said u have to take the good with the bad.. I am still going to do that setup on my 408 one day just try it out and see what happens and test different camshafts to see what works the best..
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Nice set-up, Hope you get it all figured out. I'm planning a very similiar set-up. Going with a GMPP intake mani and a 4bbl TB.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the best way to combat a nitrous backfire is to get a tuner who knows what he is doing and to make sure you have ALL the necessary parts for the nitrous kit for safety.

Also, I'd get a custom ground cam if your building a new motor..