Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all QTP cutouts the same?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Default Are all QTP cutouts the same?

I had my cutout installed on the car a few days ago and it hangs down. It seems the flanged is clocked wrong. When I say wrong, I mean for my application.

It looks like if it was on the other side it would be just fine. The motor hangs down too low and I will tear it off.

I think I am going to see if my exhaust guy can cut the flange off, rotate it, so the motor will be up near the body.

Is there any special place they clock the flange or just where ever the guy feels like doing it?

When I say it would be OK if it was flipped I mean a flat part of the flange would be towards to the bottom instead of one bolt pointing down if that makes sense.

This pic really doesn't show how low the motor hangs.

This one may be better.

Last edited by LilJayV10; 08-25-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

If you look at the cutouts in the lower right hand corner it looks like there is a left and a right.

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
Old 08-25-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is rotated up higher with a turndown. Getting to the top nut is a nightmare with the homemade turndown. I had to make and bend a custom wrench. If you put a little thought into it before it's welded up, you'll be fine.