Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBk intake manifold which one do i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BBk intake manifold which one do i get?

Ok so i was looking at getting a bbk intake and tb but there is 3 different part numbers and they all say there for the same cars yet i cant find what the difference is thanks for any help you may be able to give me.....Charles
Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Teching In

What part numbers are you getting? The only different ones I see are the following:
5004 - Titanium
50040 - Polished
5005 - w/cable TB
5006 - w/elec TB

Hope that helps
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

save some more money and get a FAST
Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Well, that all depends on what he wants to use it for. If his 99 has a stock intake, then he has an LS1 intake, so the BBK will be a nice enough improvement for the money, plus it looks pretty sweet.

If he has an LS6, then there is really no need to upgrade unless a power adder is in the near future.

I look at it this way; for the casual enthusiast, the heat sink argument is BS. Is the FAST a better flowing intake? Hell yes, but it also costs twice as much. Is it worth the money? That depends on how the car is used. For a car that sees limited track time, and is on a budget...maybe not.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KeithZ28ss
Well, that all depends on what he wants to use it for. If his 99 has a stock intake, then he has an LS1 intake, so the BBK will be a nice enough improvement for the money, plus it looks pretty sweet.

If he has an LS6, then there is really no need to upgrade unless a power adder is in the near future.

I look at it this way; for the casual enthusiast, the heat sink argument is BS. Is the FAST a better flowing intake? Hell yes, but it also costs twice as much. Is it worth the money? That depends on how the car is used. For a car that sees limited track time, and is on a budget...maybe not.
the BBK intake is like $475.. a used Fast on here is like $650.. I see limited track time and I was on a budget? whats your point?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Teching In

My point is this:

A used FAST is $650 on this site, well a used BBK is $325 (https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...rade-sale.html)
Still half price. whether it is $175 difference or a $325 difference, it is a lot of money for some people, and an extra 10-15 hp may not be worth it to them.

For you, the extra cash was worth it, but for me, it isn't. Hell, neither of them are worth it for me. My LS6 intake will support more hp than I'll need until I have to rebuild the engine (many years down the road, hopefully).

So, when Firebird99 asks which BBK he should get and you chime in with a "save your money" post when you don't even know what he wants, it doesn't make sense, you just sound like a BBK hater.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the "FAST" intake is the best out there but i want a good street intake with strong low and mid range numbers, plus i found a bbk brand new with bbk tb for 550 so its a good deal and it should hit the 400 whp mark with my 375 lq4 and cnc ported ls6 heads(patriot performance).
The only thing is now i realize that the one im looking at has the eletric tb not the cable driven one is there anyway to make it work or should i just sell it and buy a diffrent one?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the BBK, see number is my sig. I like the way it looks, peforms pretty well. I got mine for $300 picked up. Got the TB for $200 i believe. I dont think that TB will work with the electronic throttle cable.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also have the BBK and love it!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SWEET98SS
I have the BBK, see number is my sig. I like the way it looks, peforms pretty well. I got mine for $300 picked up. Got the TB for $200 i believe. I dont think that TB will work with the electronic throttle cable.
Yeah i was hoping you would chime in since i read your sig while i was searching about this and i figured with my cnc ported ls6's
and extra ci's i would pull atleast 25hp and 25tq and a fatter mid range then what you have
Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

The only problem i had was the clearance between the oil pressure sensor and the intake. The sensor basically sits between the intake and the vacuum line fitting in the back, which was pretty tight. I ended up taking the barb fitting out of the intake, just pulled right out and then put the barb into the vacuum hose and pressure it back in once i got the intake back on. You can either do it that way or you have to hold 20 lbs up and over the sensor. Other than that, I like the intake, it goes well with my polished valve covers and catch can.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Bbk intake is good for street and it is a good manifold if you are going to run nitrous but it all comes down to supporting mods i.e cam, exhaust. and what rpms your cam starts making power I know a guy who had a FAST intake on a stock engine and was constantly getting his *** handed to him i tried to talking him into getting a cam to support the FAST intake but he wouldn't listen. Power wise with the right mods a Bbk is right between a FAST and a LS6 intake. Look at it this way with the Bbk you dont have to worry about blowing the intake apart if running nitrous or it cracking and it can be ported and polished and it can be set up for a direct port n2o system, unless you just have to have that extra 10-15 hp with the FAST over the Bbk (if your'e lucky). RESEARCH and dont jump on something because the majority says something works...Look at it this way ,there are more people in the U.S Army than there are in the U.S Marine Corps but we all know who kicks *** OORAH!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by djfury05
the BBK intake is like $475.. a used Fast on here is like $650.. I see limited track time and I was on a budget? whats your point?
Got mine for $399 from NewEra

Quick Reply: BBk intake manifold which one do i get?