Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any idea what to do with this intake? no egr fresh air

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any idea what to do with this intake? no egr fresh air

I just bought an ls6 intake and 85mm bbk throttle body on ebay. Guys lists it in "great shape". I get it and somethings missing! The fresh air supply on the ps top of the throttle body has been ground off, filled in, and ground smooth. Any ideas? I thought about drilling a hole and shoving a tube in to "remake" the fresh air intake for the pcv. Anyone know how I get a good fit in there? I still have the stock tb, can i remove that tube, drill a perfect hole, and jb weld it in or something? If you look on the hole on the intake side you can see where the hole starts and then has been filled in from the outside. Any ideas would be appreciated, including whether or not there is a way around using that tube.

Thanks
See pics
Attached Thumbnails Any idea what to do with this intake?  no egr fresh air-mms_picture.jpg   Any idea what to do with this intake?  no egr fresh air-mms_picture1.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were the pictures misleading? Re-read the auction and see if he has a return policy. I would try to send it back before trying to re-modify it again.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

This is the auction:

this is a ls6 intake with a 85 mm throttle body. the intake and throttle body is in great shape. i just took it off of my camaro for a turbo setup. with this intake my car went a 10.07 with a 408 stroker. the throttle body is a bbk. there is no reserve on the auction. the highest bidder will win this item. i also have a set of comtech fuel rails, and also 30lb injectors that i am selling on another auction if interested

I contacted him saying it was modified and that we needed to figure out a resolution... No response yet.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats your best bet, it is falsely advertised, and ebay will make him accept a return. Did you pay by paypal? I would open a dispute with them just in case. That tube that is missing is for the PCV system, he probably had it vented and decided he didn't need it.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

I agree that it was falsly adverstised, and I did pay through paypal so I'm gonna open a dispute I think.