Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG Exhaust Input Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG Exhaust Input Please

I was wondering what people thought about the GMMG catback. I know, it's like buying Boardwalk 2 times and more ($800.00+). So it's not the cheapest, but I love the chambered mufflers and their sound.
I presently run a custom true dual setup with "medium" sized powerstick, and I love them, but it's not as "clean" as the GMMG sound is. Meaning, it's more so just loud than a definite deep tone. I spoke to GMMG yesterday, and they were out of the LSX systems entirely, but the representative told me that the drone isn't much of an issue. I've heard the GMMG on cammed cars, and it's glorious I've also got high flow cats.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

If you buy this system, buy it from Vengeance Racing. GMMG hasnt had a good reputation as of late and i mean the company, not the exhaust system.

As for the exhaust, there's going to be alot of ppl on here agreeing that this is quite possibly 1 of the best exhaust systems for our cars. Alot of ppl love it, i love it but just cant afford it right now.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the information BadGuy7. I was unaware that you could purchase the system from anyone but GMMG directly. I love it as well, and will have to save up some before I decide to get one or not.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

buy from Vengeance. I love mine, but had to put a magnaflow bullet in the I-pipe after my motor swap, it got kinda loud (understatement) But seriously, it's a great catback
Old 09-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

i have the chambers for sale if you are interested. just food for thought if you are trying to save some money. they only have about 4000 miles on them.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Friend has it on his, I love it and it might indeed be the best. It sounds amazing.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine, but with LT's and the ORY it's loud. Don't get me wrong, I didn't buy the setup to stay quiet so it doesn't bother me.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob69zombie
I love mine, but with LT's and the ORY it's loud. Don't get me wrong, I didn't buy the setup to stay quiet so it doesn't bother me.
LOL, yup I have LT's and a ORY with my GMMG and that sh*t is LOUDDD!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Raspy as hell. I just switched from a cam'd LT/ORY/GMMG to TSP True Duals and will NEVER look back.

The GMMG sounds like a machine gun at part throttle (farm truck). Idle/WOT are ok though.

It's actually slightly quieter then the GMMG (rasp is loud) outside the car, although true duals dumped will be 2x louder inside then pipes out the back.

I will never go back to a Y-Pipe setup unless it is a Hooker or Dual/Dual (quiet elminating rasp)

GMMG is ok for a stock car, or a cat'd semi-stock car.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned

i run a GMMG. no rasp at all. and mine has cats, probably why there is no rasp. it is loud but sounds solid through all rpm's.

This thread is only going to get opinions, in the end the only opinion that matters is the one of the person laying the $$ down.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Keep your powerstick around; you're going to need it. GMMG is great on stock manifolds and cats. Put on LT's and you have rasp like a jackhammer, not to mention LOUD. Obnoxious and disgusting, IMO. You'll need your powerstick and cats at the very least to tame it.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought mine last year & its the best sounding catback IMO. Its also one of the loudest but I really dont care, it just sounds that good. Its 304 stainless so it should last a long time. Some will say its raspy, especially with no cats. Mine isnt & am running LTs, ORY, cam & heads. Its been said that it matters what type of merge your Ypipe has whether you get rasp or not. I know pacesetters merge is terrible. The merge on the BBKs I have is a really good one. I get nothing but compliments on how my car sounds, people freak over it.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLMoqvVZWI4
Old 09-10-2010, 07:27 AM
12 Second Club

If you can get it do it. Vengeance did contract the guy who makes them but the guy is swamped so it takes a long time to get. They will let everyone know how many and a time frame when its available. I had duals in a few different configerations also. It hard to pass an inspection and I also like the GMMG sound. My car is H/C and I will hear it come to life next week. I like the clean apearance of this exhaust and the optional tips are sweet. Also Duals with or without junction pipes dont yeild that much power over a good Y set up. Well on a street car.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tillery
If you can get it do it. Vengeance did contract the guy who makes them but the guy is swamped so it takes a long time to get. They will let everyone know how many and a time frame when its available. I had duals in a few different configerations also. It hard to pass an inspection and I also like the GMMG sound. My car is H/C and I will hear it come to life next week. I like the clean apearance of this exhaust and the optional tips are sweet. Also Duals with or without junction pipes dont yeild that much power over a good Y set up. Well on a street car.
The guy that builds them built me one since Vengeance took so damn long.
His name is Gary. Google Madhammer exhaust to get to his website and to get his phone number.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

I had GMMG on my now totaled 99 SS and absolutley loved it. I'm hoping to buy it back from the wrecking yard and put it on my T/A whenever my insurance settlement gets settled.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

My GMMG sounds awesome everywhere except for around 2200rpm when I get rasp. I have cats and that rasp still hits hard and I'm just a bolt on car. Other than that, I love it and people always ask about it. The rasp is still fun sometimes when I want some ricer to leave me alone because it's pretty damn loud. They think I have something crazy under the hood.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Keep your powerstick around; you're going to need it. GMMG is great on stock manifolds and cats. Put on LT's and you have rasp like a jackhammer, not to mention LOUD. Obnoxious and disgusting, IMO. You'll need your powerstick and cats at the very least to tame it.
LMAO. I love my disgusting jackhammer.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ChefTA
I was wondering what people thought about the GMMG catback. I know, it's like buying Boardwalk 2 times and more ($800.00+). So it's not the cheapest, but I love the chambered mufflers and their sound.
I presently run a custom true dual setup with "medium" sized powerstick, and I love them, but it's not as "clean" as the GMMG sound is. Meaning, it's more so just loud than a definite deep tone. I spoke to GMMG yesterday, and they were out of the LSX systems entirely, but the representative told me that the drone isn't much of an issue. I've heard the GMMG on cammed cars, and it's glorious I've also got high flow cats.
In case you're still on the fence about it.

http://Click here to see Video

Last edited by jthunderz28; 09-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Too much money for a catback imo. As much as I love the sound of it, I'm not dropping $700+ on just a catback. You could spend around $400 on another system and use the extra $300+ for headers.

Quick Reply: GMMG Exhaust Input Please