Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock LT

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edelbrock LT

I don't see many people that have these Edelbrock Headers:

http://store.edelbrock.com/65701_LS1_headers.aspx

They seem like a good budget stainless alternative to Kooks and QTP.

Anyone have any experience with them?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nobody?...and what's the deal with the slip collector. Do you have to get it welded yourself?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for a budget header, I would recommend Pacesetters. I don't know anyone that has ran the Edelbrock LTs either and have no idea what fitment is on them.

I wouldn't compare them to those companies (ARH, Kooks, QTP) though, they run true stainless steel along with being built to order which is why they are so much more expensive. My ARH 1 7/8" LTs slid right in without a problem. But I had Hooker 1 3/4" LTs before and don't know how many bad words came out of my mouth installing the Hookers. The Edelbrocks could be the same way possibly, but don't know for sure. I do know that Pacesetter LTs install and perform well. Just my .02 bro, hope it helps fella
Old 09-10-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never had any experience with them but the non SS version went on sale for a great price about a yr ago and it looks like the SS ones are doing the same now. Great price for some SS lt's but think im safe to say there definitely not the best nowhere near anything compared to Kooks, ARH, or QTP im sure. Think most the complaints from the other edelbrocks were that they rusted and fell apart very quickly but these are SS so you shouldnt have that problem. I do believe you have to have the collector welded though. also another alternative to look at would be LPP headers.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys! Yeah, nobody seems to be running them. I put Edelbrock LTs on an LT1 and they fit well, so wanted to try them on my ls1. I like the stainless steel or I'd go with pacesetters.