Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Packs

Old 09-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Packs

Ok so someone mention something about this in another thread and it got me wondering.

Are the factory coil packs for the trucks any better then the factory coil packs for the ls1.

i ask this because i am not wasting a $h!t tone of money on MSD coil packs, and i have heard form many ppl that they are junk also and really not worth the money. I also have a set of coil packs for the truck just sitting around.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the truck coils will work just fine. The MSD ones I have also head are junk.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Default Msd

I get so tired of hearing "I heard" stories about MSD coils....I have run the LS1/LS6 versions on my truck for years now without a single complaint.....I also have a set of the LS2/LS7 style for my Pro Streeter. Crisp throttle response, better mileage,not a single flaw. There is so much mis-information about these coils....if you don't have the dollars to buy them , don't buy them but don't knock a very reputable company or their products because you can't afford them
Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BIGBEAUTIFULDOLLP51
I get so tired of hearing "I heard" stories about MSD coils....I have run the LS1/LS6 versions on my truck for years now without a single complaint.....I also have a set of the LS2/LS7 style for my Pro Streeter. Crisp throttle response, better mileage,not a single flaw. There is so much mis-information about these coils....if you don't have the dollars to buy them , don't buy them but don't knock a very reputable company or their products because you can't afford them
I'm not saying i don't have the money to buy them, I'm just saying i don't want to because i don't have the need for them and stock will work fine. I have also hear some good stories about them as well as the bad, and if i had a track car and wanted all i could get i would consider them. I was just really wanting to know if the stock ones for the truck are any better then the stock for the ls1 since i have a set for a truck just sitting around and could put them on the car if i wanted to.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dwfronk
I'm not saying i don't have the money to buy them, I'm just saying i don't want to because i don't have the need for them and stock will work fine. I have also hear some good stories about them as well as the bad, and if i had a track car and wanted all i could get i would consider them. I was just really wanting to know if the stock ones for the truck are any better then the stock for the ls1 since i have a set for a truck just sitting around and could put them on the car if i wanted to.
I hear you and using what you have is smart...I would do the same. All I am saying is do a search here on LS1TECH on MSD coils and you will see a trend of people bad mouthing the MSD coils....most (not all) without any real first hand experience to back up the negatives. I could buy a Callies or Bryant crank, install it wrong and then claim they are terrible products. The simple truth is MSD is a very dependable company with a VERY good track record and I hate to hera people bad mouth them. Your plan to use the existing coils is smart....good luck with your build!

Search this Thread