Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS1 Vette

The other day coming home from work I saw this Red LS1 Corvette at the light straight ahead. When the light turned green he hit the gas and as he drove by his car had the meanest sound I have ever heard on an F body. It was a high pitch roar, sounded unreal. How would you get that sound out of an ls1? Must have had an x pipe with either hooker, or corsa. Not sure.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well technically the corvette is not an fbody to start with, secondly there is 84736354 exhaust setups that he couod have been running, but ive heard an older b&b catback that is higher pitched sounding than most, but there really is no telling what he was running
Old 09-25-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are a lot of variables that make an exhaust sound the way it does. Obviously the type of engine and exhaust are the two main ones. Other ones like the shape of the car and the way the exhaust is ran effects the sound of an exhaust system. Because of this, I don't think that will be possible to get an F-body to sound exactly like a corvette. I'm sure you can come close though. I believe Corsa exhaust has the highest pitch exhaust note. I could be wrong though.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sounded like that probably because the vette had a 1000 dollar true dual exhaust system... you can have that sound to if you wanna spend a 1000 bucks