Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most recommended downstream o2 sims?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Most recommended downstream o2 sims?

Hey everybody, I've done searches and can't find anything about WHAT o2 sims people are buying after doing a cat delete. I need to pass inspection in NC and have some friends willing to pass me, but I have no cats and if the computer is throwing codes for it, I can't pass no matter what.

So I need some o2 sims to get that downstream code taken care of but there are so many online, I don't know where to start. What do y0ou all recommend? Thanks everybody.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Casper's are pretty good. You can also have the rear O2s tuned out.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get them tuned out.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ya without the cats any o2's will set off the codes unless tuned out
Old 09-26-2010, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got o2 sims that came off my car if u want em 40 bucks + shipping
Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

What is the benefit of getting them tuned out vs the sims? I was under the impression that the downstream o2s only monitored catalytic converter health and didn't actually affect the air/fuel mixture, which is monitored by the upstream o2s. Is that not correct?
Old 09-26-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gallstaff
What is the benefit of getting them tuned out vs the sims? I was under the impression that the downstream o2s only monitored catalytic converter health and didn't actually affect the air/fuel mixture, which is monitored by the upstream o2s. Is that not correct?
Getting them tuned out just means you don't have to buy the sims, or bother plugging them in. Sims are ok if you're going to wait until you do more stuff before you get a tune, at which point you can have the rear O2s tuned out.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gallstaff
You are correct however with the money sent on sims your better off just putting it towards a tune to delete the codes and get a little more performance from the car
Old 09-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Well I'm not really planning on doing anything else with the car. I bought the car without catalytic converters and honestly, I'd just stick some cats on there and get real o2 sensors if it was going to end up being cheaper than sims or a tune - but it wont be unfortunately. I'm trying to keep the car as stock as I can, but since I've already got LT's and no cats, I figure I'll leave it at that.

Is there any benefit in getting a tune for a car thats basically stock other than the headers and catless exhaust vs just getting sims?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was the car tuned when you bought it?these cars come rich from the factory.delete the back O2 and get the AF right ,you mite gain 10 hp.

Quick Reply: Most recommended downstream o2 sims?