Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st mod

would getting heads be a good first mod? Im getting headers and a stall over winter hopefully but i found some heads for cheap i could buy then work with over winter just not sure if its worth it. What shoudl i do first?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a general plan on what you want to do with your car, heads as a first mod wouldn't be a bad thing, but they are going to be bottle necked by both your intake and exhaust. You'd also have to take into account all the extras tied up in heads like springs, pushrods, rockers, and the like (unless they are being included), plus covers depending on center vs rim bolted.

If you have a good deal on a good set though, it basically becomes whether the you want to pass it up or not.

Given you've provided little information though, it is hard to give good advice.

personally as a first mod, I'd suggest starting from the induction, then the exhaust, then finishing up the bolt ons. From there you can do a stall, then the heads and cam (or vice versa).
Old 10-06-2010, 01:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of heads are they?