Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results today, 1.8 Crane Roller rockers and DYNO TOMORROW !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Dyno Results today, 1.8 Crane Roller rockers and DYNO TOMORROW !!!!!!!

Wanted to do a before after for the roller rockers. Tomorrow, the Crane 1.8 quick lift rockers are going on my ss. Guideplates, 7.250 Crane pushrods, Comp 'new design' Beehive 918 Springs and hardware of course. Probably re-using Stock retainers and locks unless he has some tool steel retainers in stock and posibbly consider Ti.

Today, she put down 347 rwhp.

Im hitting the bed I have to drive up to the shoppe early and Ill post results when I get home !

Old 10-07-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Here's the rockers before I took off this morning. Took some pics in case i ever do sell the car I'll probably remove everything Im putting on today.

ANy guesses? The car dynoed 2 rwhp higher with a dirty K&N I have a paper delco in there right now since i live in a new construction area. i was hoping to have my new Green filter in by today but no-go thanks to slow shipping to canada as usual. I wanted to try the amsoil filter but man those ugly and cheezy advertisements I keep seeing online for their oil and stuff just turn me off lol.

From everything i can gather online, the average gain has been from 8-24 rwhp for rockers. I have a few mods so I'm expecting 10 at the least. Since the car has 100k miles on it i think the fresher springs will bring back a few up top and not feel so lazy.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to say 8-12 rwhp gain.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, keep us updated. whats your mods?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

I need to update my sig !

Factory blackwing, Kooks 1 3/4 Stainless LTs, Random tech Mettalic High flow cats, B&B Muffler, CMS tune. pretty much it or I'm forgetting something....
I should have slept more than 2 hours...
Old 10-07-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've read a couple threads that I dug up on this site from long ago. I've seen 8rwhp on average so I'm gonna say 8-10 rwhp. Good luck and let us know!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Just got back home!! Leaf game Is on so after I'll figure a way to post up the graphs. The results were sortnof as expected but very appreciated indeed. There is sharpness in the throttle that replaced a soft sort of laziness. Valvetrain is a hell of a lot quieter ! In gear deceleration feels different. Feels good to know my springs are fresh and now I can kiss the rev limiter and not worry!

The biggest difference is above 3500/4000 rpm the throttle is definitely a bit snappier and the sound of the exhaust Is a bit different too.

ON to the dyno results !!

Same dyno 2 different days (yesterday and today) at approximately the exact same time too.. Same conditions too. Fully hot, driven for 45 mins in stop and go traffic varying rpms. Went to the drive through for a coffee and on to the dyno. Strapped Down While running to keep it hot too.

I nut admit I'm quite happy with the results. There coil be many factors like an already slightly rich tune or the good exhaust said the dyno shoppe and they were impressed as well.

367.4 @ 5500 rpm !!!

So a total gain of 18.4 rwhp from 4600 to the limited pretty much.

I will be using the dynolicious app on my iPhone tonight to record g's in all gears To compare to last nights runs to see if there is a notable difference as well.

Every dyno is different and I think my stock springs were losing a bit of control at higher rpms which contributed to the gains. Also the plug were swapped from delcos to Ngk tr5s while they were out. The delcos showed slightly rich at the base as they were wet no idea on the electrode as you can't really read them unless they are clean and shut off right after a pull to be read accurately. Also On a different dyno these numbers might read 320ish so I take the numbers lightly.

Not a bad gain though!!

Go leafs go!!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Wow spelling errors on an iPhone LOL !
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Could be many factors like the good exhaust?" Did you add exhaust as well as the rockers?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

No they said since you have longtubes and a free flowing system the extra exhaust lift/duration matches very well. Makes perfect sense.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, very impressive man. Can't wait to see the graphs. I'll reference this thread for the rest of time when people say 1.8 rockers aren't worth much.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet gains,,, I have the same rockers and pushrods on my 04 GTO which I just took off, went with a bigger cam so could not use the 1.8s. the car revved quicker with the rockers in there for sure and u cant argue with the power they make. going to put mine up for sale soon, how much did u pay for the rockers, pushrods?

Quick Reply: Dyno Results today, 1.8 Crane Roller rockers and DYNO TOMORROW !!!!!!!