Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals

Old 10-09-2010, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question True Duals

how quiet are true duals at lower rpms ? ,reason being is that i love the loud sound but my neighbors and relatives bitch alot. I already have a cut out with stock manifolds an y pipe an that still doesnt seem to even be loud enough for me

Last edited by dont z20h8; 10-09-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Which mufflers do you plan on running?
Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FUH Q
Which mufflers do you plan on running?
umm the shop im thinkin about going to offer i think magnaflow bullet or dynomax bullets
Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just answered your own question...you don't think your setup is loud, but everyone else does. What makes you think our definition of loud is any different than your neighbors and relatives?. It's impossible to describe how loud something is because we all hear things differently and are bothered by different tones. If you are running around your neighborhood with the stock manifolds and and an open cutout, I would be pissed too if I was your neighor. Stock exhaust sounds like crap anyway when you open it up. Get some headers and a real exhaust.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HavATampa
You just answered your own question...you don't think your setup is loud, but everyone else does. What makes you think our definition of loud is any different than your neighbors and relatives?. It's impossible to describe how loud something is because we all hear things differently and are bothered by different tones. If you are running around your neighborhood with the stock manifolds and and an open cutout, I would be pissed too if I was your neighor. Stock exhaust sounds like crap anyway when you open it up. Get some headers and a real exhaust.
yea i kno the stock sounds like crap i have pacesetter lt's an ory ihavent installed yet but ive been considering tru duals, idont care about my neighbors that much they can kiss my *** i only want it quiet in the lower rpms just to get out the neighborhood my question was basically are any true duals quite enough in the lower rpms an not always barcking
Old 10-09-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

True duals will generally be a quieter and cleaner sound, but it depends on where they end and what mufflers you use and some other variables. I'm not sure what you are comparing to though...are you wanting to know if duals will be quieter than running an open cutout? Besides...you say your neighbors can kiss your *** and you don't care about them in one thread and you start the post off wanting to know about a quieter exhaust because it's bothering your neighbors and relatives. If you like it, why change it?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

they dont complain about the cut out so i kno i can go louder but im asking if i go with true duals dumpd can i just ride away smoothly an slowly with out it barking
Old 10-09-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Running through 2 mufflers will clean up the popping and crackling for sure...unless you have an engine/tune problem.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HavATampa
Running through 2 mufflers will clean up the popping and crackling for sure...unless you have an engine/tune problem.
alright thanks

Search this Thread