Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Rumbler Catback Question

Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP Rumbler Catback Question

So im looking at the TSP Rumbler Catback, since its similar to the SLP Loudmouth but cheaper. Now here's my question, can i swap in different mufflers on the Rumbler like you can on the Loudmouth???

My current setup right now is a custom CME exhaust with 2 Dynomax Bullets. I like the deeper sound of it but its really quiet and, well that's not what i was looking for. I wanted close to or just about as loud as when i had a Loudmouth 2 muffler but deeper and figured this would do the job but it didnt. So now im thinking of just getting the Rumbler or Loudmouth setup and throwing in the Borla XR1. Any help would be great, i also thought about throwing in some Pypes Bullet mufflers but havent heard those on a ls1.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

You wont be able to swap mufflers out on a rumbler. Its all welded up. The slp is the only modular design. Makes it ALOT easier to swap mufflers.

I had a LM2, and still do. What happened was I blew out the packing on the lm2 resonator. The welds broke inside the casing.

I bought a dynomax bullet and swapped that in their and I gotta say it sounds amazing. It is louder than the LM2 at WOT, but quieter while cruising. Much deeper and more powerful sounding.

The difference between a bullet and the lm2 resonator is 2 inches. I had to cut one end off the bullet and weld on a 3in ID to 3in OD adapter and the length was perfect.

The xr1 is nice but it has a 5in casing, so you might have clearance issues.

Ill try to get a sound clip up for you.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the info on the Rumbler catback. If you can get a soundclip, that would be great.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, plenty of people swap out the muffler on the Rumbler....it is cut as easily as it was welded in the first place! I've heard of quite a few swapping out to a Borla muffler of some sort (XR1 rings a bell, but don't quote me on that).

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-16-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a LM2 system with the XR1 welded in. That was the only way it would fit. They had to cut a piece of the I-pipe out. But I never plan on switching mufflers cause it sounds AWESOME! LM2 is stainless too and I don't believe the rumbler is
Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah the rumbler can be interchanged.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought the Rumbler and changed the bullet out for a powerstick. It sounded wicked!!! I now have true duals with Powersticks, sounds even wicked'er lol !!!!! It's has a little bit of everything. Its deep and crisp at idle, its raspy when you get into the pedal. I love it !!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSP Rumbler Catback Question