Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

forged piston options & rods for STANDARD bore lq9

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default forged piston options & rods for STANDARD bore lq9

hey guys new to the bored and just picked upped a wrecked 87regal that im gonna do a 6.0 swap into. block part number is 12551364 im gonna do the basic refresh of the motor but want to drop in forged pistons and forged rods. motor is fine and runs great but i want to build a little for the future. what piston options do i have for a STANDARD bore 6.0? i do not have the budget to get it bored over nor does the motor need it. i know some pistons need a certain clearance and im hoping with just a light honing of the cylinder in my garage that i can use someones set but not sure which ones will fit the bill for this. also looking for a set of forged rods for the pistons. any part numbers or which vendor could help would be great as i would like to order this stuff up this coming week. thanks fellas
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of your good aftermarket forged pistons will require a +.005" hone. I would let a good machine shop do it so they can make sure the bores are straight and proper piston to wall is in place. Most of your standard bore pistons aren't a good forging nor come with a good ringset for a power adder. We have been running a lot of Wiseco pistons over the past couple years with great results. We have been running Callies bottom-end components as well without a single problem! We have others available but those seem to be the most popular that we use. Let us know what you're looking for and we can get you fixed up!

Jon

Quick Reply: forged piston options & rods for STANDARD bore lq9