Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont know where to post, but here goes.... 99 Camaro SS.. Need advice!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont know where to post, but here goes.... 99 Camaro SS.. Need advice!

Just recently got hit by a navi(Lets just leave it at that. No foul play)

99 Camaro SS and I need some advice, my car was totaled after work and am in the predicament of deciding wheter to buy it back, I am not trying to post to sell, I just need some opinions on what you would do.

I dreamt of this car through high school when they first came out, had it for 5 years and treated me so damn good.

Wondering what you would do .....

Would you buy it back?? and if so for what purpose( If possible i would like to just have as a project car, but know that it is a pain to fix and straighten out... Oh by the way evaluation of the car reveals no frame damage, lights still worked(could start it because I didnt have a chance)

Would you buy back just for the engine? is it worth it?

or would you just let her go in peace?

Thanks for the advice, this is the only pic i was able to get as I was knocked out at impact and my phone died as soon as I took this picture..

Let me know if the picture work, I will try and repost, or give link.

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Dont know where to post, but here goes.... 99 Camaro SS.. Need advice!-img_0429.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

OUCH, sorry to hear, but at least you are ok!

As far as the car, in my opinion, I would just let it go unless there are a lot of parts worth selling off of the car (engine, tranny, other mods...). I wouldn't try to turn it into any kind of project car, it will probably be more of a hassle than it is worth (not to mention probable money pit). Sadly, it would be much easier to just pick up another used f-body if you would like to still be in one. Just my thoughts, good luck!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

engine, tranny, ecu, exhaust, and interior parts (most) still good. Only had 70K miles on it ugh... so sad....

Very good advice though, I am hearing that alot.... I'm kinda the type that really bonds with his car(had a 72 nova that took me a lonnnnnggg time to decide to sell)

I think it may just be the thought of me losing it holding me back....
Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Damn man I sure hate to hear that and see any nice f-body in that shape. I work at a bodyshop and I would say let it go unless you could buy it back for under $1500 then I wouldn't even mess with it. It's just not worth the hassle. Damn that sucks!!!!!! Good luck man and go get you another one. There are plenty of them out there!!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

buy back is 1800. They gave it really good value, it was in awsome shape. I'm thinking I'm gonna let her rest in peace

As far as looking for a new one, I looked online and was pretty hard to find a decently stock one with ok miles......

Thanks for the advice 2002nbmss, I hate seeing this bread die out too...
Old 11-02-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg glad u r fine cars come cars go lol anyway from the pic i can see only the hood and spoiler that are fine..besides the other side. so mostly you r buying it for the engine tranny etc..and the interior. you will spend alot more for fixing it i believe. and there are jst too many of them out there. good luck.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that thing is hurt...glad your ok man.

I think that one is too far gone, its really messed up. I see very minimal parts on it that are re-usable, so its probably a lot less headache to let it go in peace.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well considering that an LS1/tranny combo would go for more then $1800 i would be inclined to buy it back and try to make some cash to fund your next project. That is of course if you have the space to strip it apart and so on.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Launching!

i would buy it back... i had a s10 blazer that wound up like your car.. i kept it. but sold it later. but man.. that sucks at least your ok.

maybe you could find a camaro with a v6 and swap everything over. or part it. thats what i'd do....
Old 11-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

yea if you found a high mileage camaro newer or older and used all ur internals its a project but maybe you could end up with a nice car especially that and you already would have 2 good rims. buy 2 more and tires and you got rims again
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

could you make more than 1800$ off of parts?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

I might be able to make more than 1800. But the tow yard is sooooo damn far.. I dont know y they sent it that far (couple hours) I would have to pay that, and find a spot to store it....

I was leaning on just letting it go... I got a few offers for the engine, but I dont want to deal with the headache....

Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it... about to get the settlement this weekend and start car hunting. I'm looking at buying an 03-06 M3
Old 11-03-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would let it go unless there were mod parts I wanted back, like an expensive set of heads or something.

Search this Thread