Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milky Anti-freeze. Oil is clean.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milky Anti-freeze. Oil is clean.

Is the P.S. fluid cooled by the Radiator? Havent got under there yet to look. Is that the small hose that connects to the metal part of the upper rad. hose?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

On the WS6 there is a metal part on the upper radiator hose that it a power steering cooler. also if you have an automatic the trans cooler could be leaking in the radiator causing the coolant to be milky. Check the ps fluid and if its auto the trans fluid
Old 11-20-2010, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Does it look like this?

This was my sisters dodge neon Internal leak of the radiator cause trans fluid to mix with anti freeze.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FirebirdTransAm
On the WS6 there is a metal part on the upper radiator hose that it a power steering cooler. also if you have an automatic the trans cooler could be leaking in the radiator causing the coolant to be milky. Check the ps fluid and if its auto the trans fluid
I kinda figured thats what that hose was. I have a manual so I guess I can rule out the trans cooler. Am I gonna need to replace the P.S. pump now too or can I get away with just the metal part on the rad. hose?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by semperfiws6
I kinda figured thats what that hose was. I have a manual so I guess I can rule out the trans cooler. Am I gonna need to replace the P.S. pump now too or can I get away with just the metal part on the rad. hose?
Your pump might still be okay. it depends how long it was like that. Id try flushing the system really good and see if you have any problems with fresh ps fluid in there. As far as the metal pip goes, you really dont even need it. Only WS6's have them. Regular trans ams and z28s dont have them. you could just get a new upper hose from one without the cooler and bypass it by connecting the cooler lines

Quick Reply: Milky Anti-freeze. Oil is clean.