Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp true dual cabin noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tsp true dual cabin noise

I'm trying to decide between a tsp true dual setup and a ory with a hooker catback. But the one thing I am worried about is how loud will the true duals be in the cabin compared to a ory with a hooker catback?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have the TSP duals, but mine is basically the same thing. Longtubes, X pipe into Dynomax Bullets. Dumped duals are always going to be louder than an ORY/CB will be simply because they end not far from the front seats. However, I daily drive my car 200+ miles a week and I have no issues with noise. Hooker is definitely one of the quietest catbacks out there, so you are talking about 2 totally different setups. I love my duals, and wouldn't trade them for any shitty sounding raspy Y pipe. It's louder than a Y & CB, but not by much cruising around at low rpms, and absolutely screams at WOT with a very nice sound, not just noise.

I have some clips on WOT I can post, but none of part throttle highway/city driving.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Loud... The quietest true dual setup I've heard is the LPP setup. Look up the member AETOS on here. He has vids of it... The loud is not for everyone. I don't mind it but some do.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just cruising they arent bad. But i think it really depends on whether you have a manual or an auto. I have a manual and can creep around making it fairl quiet. If i had an auto i think it would be alot louder. They are definately loud
Old 11-25-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just swapped out a magnaflow catback for the 3" tsp true duals with dynomax bullets and it is not loud at all. it sounds really good. the ground clearance isnt really the greatest. but its not loud. im cammed, running longtubes also. it has a deep muscular sound.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by deelong4002
just cruising they arent bad. But i think it really depends on whether you have a manual or an auto. I have a manual and can creep around making it fairl quiet. If i had an auto i think it would be alot louder. They are definately loud
I agree. I enjoyed the loud of my last setup although there was quite a bit of drone. In am auto I think it's much more annoying simply bc u aren't controlling everything etc. Just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

i have one bullett and that damn thing rattles the entire car inside. i dont even have a y or headers. just one muff and dumped. im going to run it out the back. driving me nuts, i drive my car about 500 miles or so a week.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
i have one bullett and that damn thing rattles the entire car inside. i dont even have a y or headers. just one muff and dumped. im going to run it out the back. driving me nuts, i drive my car about 500 miles or so a week.
How many miles are on your car?? I thought my driving 250-300 miles a week was bad. Lol
Old 11-26-2010, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TSP TD's are LOUD inside the car. Most ORY setups are louder in the 2k-2500 rpm range; the TSP's are loud at 1500rpm's, lol. Don't get me wrong, the sound is awesome but after 3 days I switched to a LM1 and ORY to quieten it down! hahaha
Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

When I had my Hooter LTs and TSP TDs with Dynomax bullets, I loved it! It was fairly loud inside the cabin, but I had less drone with this set-up then with the entire system stock with a cutout. If I could, I would go back to TDs in a heart beat.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Something to think about-
The amount of noise in the cabin is sometimes affected more by where the exhaust exits than by which exhaust you use. A stock exhaust system with a cut out right behind the cats is much louder in the car than straight pipes run out past the back bumper. Don't know about F Body noise, but I can tell you in my C5, when I ran straight exhaust dumped at axle, the wife wouldn't ride in the car unless the top was off because the drone was terrible. When I extended the exhaust 1" past rear bumper, it made all the difference in the world

Just my .02...
Old 11-26-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

I personally got tired of cops, people looking at me, an people not wanting to race because it was so loud... So i just bought a mufflex 4" ORY with the flowmaster merge collector an reducer for a 3" SLP catback.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by uLs1a
When I had my Hooter LTs and TSP TDs with Dynomax bullets, I loved it! It was fairly loud inside the cabin, but I had less drone with this set-up then with the entire system stock with a cutout. If I could, I would go back to TDs in a heart beat.
+1!! Im running the same setup man, and it is not loud at all. I honestly think Longtubes and ory and LM1 is very loud. Duals are not so bad either. It is much louder and better sounding than my magnaflow...Glad i got rid of magnaflow. the sound of duals is sweet. ground clearance not really though.

I honestly expected duals to be alot louder. I guess im just going deaf and nothing to me is loud..LOL. i still cant believe people think magnaflow is loud..
Old 11-26-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glowworm_76039
Something to think about-
The amount of noise in the cabin is sometimes affected more by where the exhaust exits than by which exhaust you use. A stock exhaust system with a cut out right behind the cats is much louder in the car than straight pipes run out past the back bumper. Don't know about F Body noise, but I can tell you in my C5, when I ran straight exhaust dumped at axle, the wife wouldn't ride in the car unless the top was off because the drone was terrible. When I extended the exhaust 1" past rear bumper, it made all the difference in the world

Just my .02...
This.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
+1!! Im running the same setup man, and it is not loud at all. I honestly think Longtubes and ory and LM1 is very loud. Duals are not so bad either. It is much louder and better sounding than my magnaflow...Glad i got rid of magnaflow. the sound of duals is sweet. ground clearance not really though.

I honestly expected duals to be alot louder. I guess im just going deaf and nothing to me is loud..LOL. i still cant believe people think magnaflow is loud..
I just did a small heads/cam swap on my Z28 and once I do "California smog" I will be doing longtubes with a catted y-pipe and I already have the SLP1
Old 11-26-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by uLs1a
I just did a small heads/cam swap on my Z28 and once I do "California smog" I will be doing longtubes with a catted y-pipe and I already have the SLP1
Sucks that Cali is so strict man. I would love to have tru duals with dynomax bullets in cali..LOL..

I honestly loved my LM1. It was a good catback. The drone and rasp was somewhat unbearable, but that **** owned everything at WOT..