Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ewp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ewp?

Im thinking of switching to an ewp and i was wondering what my choices were. obviously there is the meizure pump, but are there any others?

i was looking on thunders website cuz they are having their xmas sale and there is the water pump inlet as a seperate item. Is this a must have or just a pretty piece so you dont have to reuse a stock on?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not a must have, but you'll need to slightly modify the one to reuse it.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, why are you thinking of switching? I have seen so many people get an EWP only to switch back to the stock one just a few miles afterwards. There are also people out there who have ran them fine with no issues. Are you willing to take that chance for $650ish to see if your lucky? Or would you rather stick with what works every day no problem.

Are you trying to increase your cooling capability? Looks wise? Power increases are not guaranteed with an ewp. Personally I have gone back and forth thinking about getting one and I have finally made a decision. Stock waterpump ftw.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

think about this, if it craps out. you're screwed. car has to get towed, unless u keep a stocker in your back pocket. and it WILL crap out. they only have a life of about 3000-5000 hours. and there has been many a write up on here about how no gains are seen from switching. a good u/d pulley is a better mod than an ewp. seriously buy a good ported wp and be done with it. move on to something else.