Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Fog Light Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2001 Fog Light Wiring Help

My car (2001 Camaro SS) came from the factory with no fog lights installed, but with the cut-outs for them in the bumper. I got some OE fog lights for Christmas, but it didn't come with any new wiring. Do all cars have the fog light wiring as a part of the factory harness or am I going to have to find a way to wire them up myself?

There is wiring to the switch behind the dash, but I don't see any underneath the car.

Any idea where the fog light relay should be located?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found where the relay should be and its missing.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the relay is missing you can try and find a camaro in a junk yard and pick up all the stuff your going to need. Otherwise your going to have to manually install them with a seperate switch or find a way to splice it into the factory switch. Its not a hard install but its going to be time consumming to get it looking like it came from the factory. GL
Old 12-28-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your car was not equipped the fog lights, then you'll probably need to use an aftermarket harness, and relay. If you are lucky the fog lamps you got have the weatherpack connectors, otherwise you'll need to pick up a set in order to use the lights you've got (see attached pic).

You can either use an aftermarket switch, or pick up a factory switch to complete the job.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Fog Light Wiring Help-g3650.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2001 Fog Light Wiring Help