Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure maxed out

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure maxed out

Whether the key is turned to acc or not the oil pressure gauge is maxed out past 80 psi. I connected a lead to the connector and then to ground and I got continuity. Is this suppose to happen? Any other suggestions to narrow down the problem? Thanks for your time.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the same problem. It is the oil pressure sending unit. Its located behind the intake and is a pita. I just left it until I decide to take off my intake for painting. That is most likely your problem because from what I understand, there is either oil pressure (good) or none (bad) you cannot have higher oil pressure than what your engine allows. Maybe someone else will chime in but methinks that is your problem. Do a google search for "oil pressure sending unit ls1" and you should find all the info you need.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup oil pressure sending unit pretty cheap fix. You'll neef that special socket to get it off. Intake also has to be removed

Quick Reply: Oil pressure maxed out