Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mount Quote

Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor Mount Quote

I had my motor mounts quoted from a shop local that works on a good bit of ls motors and for the motor and trans mount installation they quoted me
Motor mounts installed $255.00
Trans mount $59.50
+
How long it will take to move the headers or anything.

Does this seem right? I though It was a bit much
Old 01-05-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

its not that hard..........DIY and save 300$
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Iwas quoted $250 to have motor mounts put in at a local performance shop. They specialize in LS motors and LS conversions so I think you got a fair quote.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sjsingle1
its not that hard..........DIY and save 300$
Yea I know I put a cam in my self I just dont have the time right now and have never taken it to a shop thats why I didnt know how much I was looking at
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

i did my solids and it wasn't that bad. about 6 hours with breaks and all. the quote seems reasonable
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me put it this way. Your # dealing with a shop that has cost and overhead, insurance, and a whole host of other things.

MOST places I have gone to charge 75-100 per hour labor.

They need to look at the time the mechanic starts the job and until finish, which includes setting it up.

WITH LS1 cars the Motor mounts are a bit different from LT1 cars and How I would take one out will differ in process.

When you Do-it-Your self, your saving because of your sweat equity. Also your space, tools, and knowledge.

I have had jobs be "easy" and some break *****. They take the risk if it takes more then 2 hours.

If you feel un comfortible or do not have the tools/space/help, then do it. OR chance going to a place that is unfirmilar with Fbodies.

FYI I had changed over my Trans Mount, I got to use a lift and it took about 10 minutes once the car was in the air, and reading the instructions that came with it. It was a energy suspension that had a plate that had to be "Pre Loaded" but the kit was almost considered "Universal" so take care when installing parts, not all of them are LSx specific.

I myself have a hard time justifiying paying anyone for a job that I can do, and I do enlist help for those who can, so with exceptions of gear swaps and things that need special tools, I do my own work.

You gotta decide what you are willing to put up with.

IMO those prices are in line for a shop rate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motor Mount Quote