Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP dual Muffler Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP dual Muffler Question

Ok first off I know there about a 100 prolly more threads about the TSP duals and there fitment and all that stuff. And I am sorry for another.

I have had the TSP duals on my car for prolly close to a year maybe a bit more and I couldnt be more happy with the sound. It just doesnt get old hearing the duals roar. So my question goes to people that have heard the the 3 mufflers in person the dynomax bullets, sweet thunders, and the spiral flows. I know all 3 are loud. But when it comes to the dynomax bullets and the sweet thunders. I am guessing the bullets maybe be a bit louder and thats what I want. I have the sweet thunders and at times I think to myself dam these things are quiet. It could be just I am so used to them but any ways. Are the bullets that much louder then the sweet thunders to make me go through tearing the car apart again. Also the tone and sound quality of the sweeter thunders is awesome do the bullets have a nice tone too? Originally I have LTs and a cutout and it was loud and sounded like the car was just on it self.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Jarrod
Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you follow the links in my sig to my channel i have old vids of my TD set up. i had dumped bullets and they sounded awesome. but they were definitely on the loud side and the neighbors didn't appreciate them

the only muffler i would consider for dumped td's are the flowmaster single chambers. which i hate to recommend but they do sound great.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Ya I have looked at those but doesnt ground clearence suck even more with thoses?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

there are ways to tuck them up better. the easiest would be to move the hanger brackets up as high as possible. or shorten the hangers. there are plenty of people running those mufflers just as easily as the bullets.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Teching In

OK thanks I will look in to those. And just wondering why do you hate to recommend those?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im also running TSP Bullets dumped and the sound is sick. I love it. I have all bolton ons, and a 230 cam, and i was expecting it too be too loud and it really wasnt. Its kinda loud at startup. It is mellow when cruising. I dont have any drone and its not raspy to me. My throttle response seems better than a ORY and a catback.

I originally wanted the sweet thunders. But i think they are even more louder than the bullets. I thought it was the other way around. But hearing sound clips the sweet thunders seem louder to me.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

i just don't like flowmaster mufflers. but the single chambers are ok. they sound great with dumped duals. but the f-body catback is very restrictive and not very good quality.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
im also running TSP Bullets dumped and the sound is sick. I love it. I have all bolton ons, and a 230 cam, and i was expecting it too be too loud and it really wasnt. Its kinda loud at startup. It is mellow when cruising. I dont have any drone and its not raspy to me. My throttle response seems better than a ORY and a catback.

I originally wanted the sweet thunders. But i think they are even more louder than the bullets. I thought it was the other way around. But hearing sound clips the sweet thunders seem louder to me.
I have also thought the bullets were louder to. But I havent found any videos of cars with the bullets that didnt have a cam. What do the inside of the bullets look like?

But I think I am just gonna leave it alone and get something else.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.streetfire.net/video/ls1-...als_691869.htm

if you are considering something else check out my mufflex video's. and they offer a variety of sizing and muffler choices. their y-pipes also come pre-made with flowmaster merges.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the TD's with sweet thunders before my H/C swap. It sounded really good. The bullets may be a little louder but I doubt they sound as good as the sweet thunders do in my opinion.

As far as how loud, your probably just used to the sound so it doesn't sound as loud to you anymore.

I would keep the sweet thunders
Old 01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my true dual bullets.

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=MVI_0691.mp4

Quick Reply: TSP dual Muffler Question