Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp lid vs. Blackwing lid?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slp lid vs. Blackwing lid?

This may be a dumb question, but I was wondering does the Slp cold air lid have substantial gains over the Blackwing lid that comes on the firehawk or is it not worth upgrading to a Slp lid. I know that the Blackwing lid is made by Slp, just wondering if there were any hp gains with it or not? Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

a lid is a lid. Just get one that fits tight and isn't crazy expensive. It's more of a cosmetic mod than anything until the exhaust is fully freed up. The SLP sits nice and tight Doesn't look out of place either.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Launching!

^ this

I believe the power difference between the two ranges from very little to non-existent. You can find a used SLP intake for ~$75 on here, blackwing lids imo cost too damn much.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

They will dyno the same from the dozens of posts I've seen on the subject! Most people who get the blackhawk get it for the fitment but I've never had a problem with my SLP Lid...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

The Blackwing defintly has a nicer fit. The SLP lid is a hit or miss when it comes to fitment, I thought mine was a hit until I installed a Blackwing and realized the SLP was not sealing good at all. The downside is the Blackwing is expensive. But, if you are trying to go OEM, the Blackwing is top-notch.
Here are some measurements I took on the two. Power and Dyno wise, either one is better over a stock lid and will similar gains.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ctory-lid.html

Quick Reply: Slp lid vs. Blackwing lid?