Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my Fast manifold no good?

Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is my Fast manifold no good?

I've got a issue with my fast 90 manifold. On the rear of the manifold (the bottom black shell) there is or in my case was a black nipple that came out of the manifold. From what the techs at fast told me, this was the air inlet nipple?? Anyways, is the manifold garbage now that the nipple has broken off? I bought it form a local friend and he had no idea it broke off nor what the nipple was used for. Any suggestions as to what this nipple is used for and if I can run the manifold now?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

It is a vacuum port.

Get an oversized brass hose barb/nipple and make it fit the hole snug, then epoxy around it for good measure.

Or the intake could be junk...where you at in Arkansas, I might come take it off your hands
Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Launching!

I'm out by Lake Village which is a drive from you. Man that hole is frickin small and I don't see how I will be able to fit something into it. Is this my only option? So I can't epoxy it closed?
Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That nipple is for the A/C unit. If you do not use your A/C you can simply epoxy it closed to avoid it from leaking. If you do run the A/C then do what Thunderstruck mentioned and find a fitting that will go into the hole or drill a small hole to open it up a bit and then screw in a fitting and epoxy it good to ensure a proper seal.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That thing is complete junk, . I'll give you $250 shipped just so you don't have to bother with it.

...In case you missed it, I'm kidding. There's not a thing wrong w/ it that isn't easily fixed. As noted, plug it up & she'll be fine. Although, I would actually give you $250 for it.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1-450
That thing is complete junk, . I'll give you $250 shipped just so you don't have to bother with it.

...In case you missed it, I'm kidding. There's not a thing wrong w/ it that isn't easily fixed. As noted, plug it up & she'll be fine. Although, I would actually give you $250 for it.
Okay thank the lord. Other then that nipple being broke off, the intake is flawless being it was only installed and fired up and ran for a week then my buddy had to part the car out due to an accident. He must have broke it off when he removed it. If I did sell it (which I am thinking about doing) I wouldn't take any less then $400 shipped/Paypal for it. I payed $600 for it and I figure since the nipple is broke off and it can still be repaired and used, $200 off is more then fair.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to sell it,,THINK,,,you have 600 in it, sell it for 400 Lose 200 then try to buy another one, so whatever you found it for you can add 200 to the price because of what you lost,,now you will be in too much. Do like recommended, drill it a lil bigger and install a brass barb nipple, prolly 1/8 npt should work fine, screw it in with some epoxy and let it dry, youll be fine. get the fitting at Lowes easy. If your not comfortable with that ANY auto machine shop can do this for you. If you dont like the wa it looks who cares when its on the car you will never see it.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RARON455
No need to sell it,,THINK,,,you have 600 in it, sell it for 400 Lose 200 then try to buy another one, so whatever you found it for you can add 200 to the price because of what you lost,,now you will be in too much. Do like recommended, drill it a lil bigger and install a brass barb nipple, prolly 1/8 npt should work fine, screw it in with some epoxy and let it dry, youll be fine. get the fitting at Lowes easy. If your not comfortable with that ANY auto machine shop can do this for you. If you dont like the wa it looks who cares when its on the car you will never see it.
If I sold the Fast I wouldn't replace it with another one. With that said, being it's not my DD and I never use or run the A/C, I will more then likely just epoxy the hole closed and call it a day. Unless anyone thinks this won't work but from what is sounds like it will.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:09 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Ports break off of the back of the FAST often. I drill the hole larger and tap it so tha tI can screw a brass fitting into it. Then I put a little epoxy on the threads of the fitting, screw it in, and put it back on the car the next day.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 01-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Ports break off of the back of the FAST often. I drill the hole larger and tap it so tha tI can screw a brass fitting into it. Then I put a little epoxy on the threads of the fitting, screw it in, and put it back on the car the next day.
Any idea of what size fitting I should go with? Wanna be sure I get the correct size for the hose to fit over properly.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastKid
Any idea of what size fitting I should go with? Wanna be sure I get the correct size for the hose to fit over properly.
I honestly don't recall what size it would be. I think it needs to be approx 1/8" nipple

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
I honestly don't recall what size it would be. I think it needs to be approx 1/8" nipple
Okay thanks. I got your PM as well. I can breath now. Is there any wiring of any sort that will need to be removed if I don't use it and seal that hole up?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastKid
Okay thank the lord. Other then that nipple being broke off, the intake is flawless being it was only installed and fired up and ran for a week then my buddy had to part the car out due to an accident. He must have broke it off when he removed it. If I did sell it (which I am thinking about doing) I wouldn't take any less then $400 shipped/Paypal for it. I payed $600 for it and I figure since the nipple is broke off and it can still be repaired and used, $200 off is more then fair.

if you sell for $400 it will sell quick. have you seen what the ported 90's have gone for. up to $850 was the price on one ported by tony mamo with a home done glossy black paint job. these intakes are not being made anymore 90 or 92 and work very good with a 346 and in my case a 382 just the right size
Old 01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

Ha, my nipple broke off too. Does anyone know what size the hose is that connects to this nipple?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

epoxy it and run a T fitting off the the vacuum hose for the PVC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is my Fast manifold no good?