Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 with block hugger or long tube headers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default lq4 with block hugger or long tube headers?

I currently have a new set of Hooker block hugger headers for my lq4. This engine is in a 52 Chevy truck and I would like to run a full length header but can't seem to find a full length to fit my custom application. My question is, would I see much gain running full length header over the block hugger? My set up is as follows. Stock low mile lq4 with truck intake, T56 six speed with aluminum flywheel, and 342 10.5 ten bolt posi. I am looking for a torque cruiser that will not see any racing. I would like to eventually change the cam mainly for more torque and choppy idle note. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The long tubes always make more power, however since you have no plans on racing and such, and not to mention you already have the huggers I would just use them. But if you have any plans on making serious power I would go long tubes.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

If they offer BBC LTs for that chassis you can use those and weld LSx flanges on
Old 01-25-2011, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket
If they offer BBC LTs for that chassis you can use those and weld LSx flanges on
This is why I ask the questions. Thanks for the good info.!

Quick Reply: lq4 with block hugger or long tube headers?