Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shortys and LM1

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shortys and LM1

I'm debating on what to do, go with long tubes and a lm2 bullet muffler or just go with shortys and keep the lm1...

Anyone have shortys and LM1? I have heard a lm1 with lt's and it sounds pretty effing loud. I like the sound of the LM1 but it seems like with LT's it's way too damn loud.

Any advice??
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

do long tubes no matter what, and choose something like an lm2 i guess.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:25 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not even worth doing header if your not going longtubes,I would do longtubes,catted y,and lm2,but I hate the idea of putting cats on a performance car,my set up was longtubes,ory,lm1,ms4 cam this by far is the loudest exhaust setup for sure,imho the lm1 with some mods is great at idle,and sick at wot,but everywhere else it sounds raspy as hell,I like rasp but wow,the lm1 was my first mod,I loved it when my car was stock,after longtubes,ory (with a really good merge)I still thought it sounded pretty good but in areas lost a lot of the tone it had stock,I wish I would have bought a magnaflow to start,but the good thing about the lm1 lm2 is the powerflo kit,that puts the sound back in it,and cuts the dbs way down,good luck man but just remember longtubes or nothing,those short lil headers will do nothing for you now or down the road when you get into doing heads/cam/etc
Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

get LTs no matter what you decide.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Don't waste your time or money on shorty's, they're not worth it. And if you want to keep your LM1 just go with a catted Y. It will still be louder than stock, but not outrageous.Without cats there will be more rasp, it depends if you are in to that or not. If you go with an ORY and don't want it to be loud, go with a decent muffler.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shotrys are waste of time and money and you will end up with LTs anyway. go it once do it right.