Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Y pipe restriction

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Y pipe restriction

Last year i inst. a set of pacesetter ceramic headers and off road y pipe, i remember looking in pipe of the y and seeing were they merge a small exit to one of the pipes, was in hurry and no tools to cut out the opening, (don't recal how bad), i have this on my 402, other people have said the same thing, wonder how mutch i am loosing because of this, was thinking of taking apart to repair it
Old 02-10-2011, 06:17 AM
TECH Resident

The restriction in mine was horrible. A MAJOR bottleneck. Fix it for sure. The headers are great quality for the price, but the Y is just rediculous.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I felt a pretty good gain when I took mine to a muffler shop and had them fab in a 4" flowmaster merge. It seemed to help a little with the rasp too. If the link to it isn't in my sig then I'll see if I can go dig it up.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
I felt a pretty good gain when I took mine to a muffler shop and had them fab in a 4" flowmaster merge. It seemed to help a little with the rasp too. If the link to it isn't in my sig then I'll see if I can go dig it up.
Just read your thread. I actually managed to clean up the pacesetter y by endless hours of sawzalling tabs, bending them back and forth until they broke off, then dremmelling the edges smooth all the while bleeding to death from stuffing my hand into the Y.

But then there is the rasp you mentioned. A rat-tat-tat sound of the left and right pulses merging between 2000 and 3000rpms that sounds like complete *** errupting from my car with the cutout cracked or open. Is this what you cured? If so, I'll be doing this as well and add a 4" I to a new 4"cutout and turndown, then back to the 3" Hooker.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Pacesetter merge for comparison:

Last edited by Steve Gunn; 02-10-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Y pipe restriction