Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ws6

Need some help. engine will not turn over, went thru this once before. changed starter,fuses, clutch switch. which none were the issue. when i turn the ignition on, all lights up but will not turn motor over. after i put the new starter in i forgot to put the heat shield back on starter. Car started. put heat shield back on,car wouldn't start. so i started looking @ how the shield was put on. looked like it may have vibrated down against starter connections & caused a short.(no fuses blown)been running fine since. until 3weeks ago & the symptoms returned. was fortunate to get it to start one more time to get home in the garage. BACK SURGERY kept me from getting under the car again. Someone told me this may be a security issue w/ the chip in the key. Don't make since to me key would do that & let me restart engine. car has 20k miles in mint condition always garaged. HATE MY CAR WON'T START. ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That someone may be right about the security thing. I ran into this with my Firebird. You might also consider the crankshaft sensor.