Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header OD size????

Old 02-17-2011, 04:26 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Header OD size????

this is an odd question but i bought a car with pacesetter headers on it. When a pair of headers are 1 3/4" headers is that talking about the ID or the OD of the primary? I'm wondering if i have 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 headers. and if i should replace them or not.

one other thing is the exhaust down size to 2.5" tubing right after the collector, is this bad or too restrictive for this car? i think the heads and intake are stock but it has some sort of comp cam installed, and is tuned very poorly. I was thinking about just leaving he exhaust for now and running it until i can install new SS 1 7/8 headers and dual exhaust.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The down sizing on the exhaust wont allow it to flow properly but your biggest down size is loss of power. I would personally leave the exhaust for now and get the car tuned so it runs properly. You cant see inside your motor and if its not tuned properly something major could happen. and with the headers what are your plans for the car? if your going to boost it or run nitrous put the 1 7/8" headers but if your going to keep it with stock heads and stuff keep the 1 3/4" headers.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FYI, measurements for tubing is O.D. and hose is I.D.

Search this Thread