Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

failed HC emissions ideas needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default failed HC emissions ideas needed

Car has been sitting with a dead battery. I have driven it probably 5 x in the last 8 months maybe more. everytime the POS battery dies out i charge it up and usually start it up and run it around the block. Anyway of course everytime it sits dead for awhile it has to relearn, i cant remember how many miles that usually takes. so i fired it up today, took it down to the inspection lane. was stumbling all over the place till it got to temp then was fine. Delaware stopped checking DB levels so i thought finally i can get my car through without a headache. NOPE! Now even though its an 01 the county i live in tests all auto's with the sniffer not ODBII. Dont have the option to take it to another county they will just look at what my reg county is and run that test. Sniffer came out that my HC levels where 346 and im allowed 220.

My questions would be.

1. Is it possible with the cam i have to lower them that far by 126 ppm?

2. Havent changed the plugs in awhile because, sits more then its driven, could that contribute?

3. Would it sitting and relearning and having the stumbling idle which is probably spilling spent fuel lead to the higher HC reading and if so should i just run the **** out of it for a week and take it through again?

Thanks for the help. Ever since I moved back to this shithole its been nothing but a headache, and this was the straw. If i can't get it to pass im probably just gonna sell it.