Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help need veteran advice on LS3/6 throttle bodies

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help need veteran advice on LS3/6 throttle bodies

Ok 2003 Z06 - Heads,cam,CAI,headers,catback,

Has Fast 102 intake:

Tried 08-10 LS3? throttle body and would not interface with the computer correctly.

Tried 05-07 LS3? throttle body and it responds better and overall runs & drives better but when the car warms up it will not idle properly. The idle goes up down up down, until the car idles too far down and dies.

I have read & read & read. Only reasonable explaination might be needing a Nick Williams throttle body. But, my only dispute with this is that I have read several people using this throttle body. Are they just dealing with the idle issue problem? The 02 sensors are going to the correct side and they have the direct fit extensions on them. The rear 02's have been deleted.

We are at wits ends right now. Two throttle bodys later and we still have pretty much the same issue.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need a throttle body based off an 97-04 corvette to work with your computer correctly. I think NW 102mm makes one for older vettes like yours.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

to add to this.. I'm the person trying to tune the car...
all of our other ghosts are gone...
but the problem we are having is idle air control with no IAC motor

the vette has an adapter wiring harness that is supposed to allow you to use the Later model TB's on an older vette
it is supposed to eliminate the IAC motor...

problem is.. what is on there is not working

car is an 03 so its looking for a response from the IAC motor, but isnt getting anything back, so it just swings wildly from low to high rpm, like 40~1600
nothing makes a difference

we need to know what TB we are supposed to use with this setup made to eliminate the IAC motor in an 03 corvette that is looking for an IAC response

the Data logs show its commanding IAC change, but actual IAC reported back is always showing 310...
(yes I know it doesnt have an actual IAC.. but it should still report back that something is moving when it commands it to do so)
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to get a bump here. Has no one ever built a C5 Z06 and stayed with the drive by wire system? If so, how do we make it idle correctly lol?