Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ac delete reverseable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ac delete reverseable?

im about to buy a roller car to swap all the stuff from my car into since the insurance company is totalling it out. (i got rearended) the guy has done an ac delete on the car and was wondering if i could put my stuff on it and have ac again. thats a must have here in alabama. i just wonder because all the threads i read about ac delete's everyone is pretty much hacking up everything just to get the ac parts off. any input is appreciated.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Yea it really just depends on what the previous owner did when he pulled it. On my old Z28 and on the Firehawk we just pulled it out. I recently bought everything and had it put all back on, works great!

Chris
Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

that sounds good. so that black box should just mount back into place? is there anything under the dash that might have to go back on as well??? thanks
Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lusting4ls1
that sounds good. so that black box should just mount back into place? is there anything under the dash that might have to go back on as well??? thanks
Does the blower motor still work for heat/defrost? it kinda sounds like they pulled the whole HVAC system out, if so you have alot of work to do
Old 03-06-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea the heat still works, but he said he bashed off the black box coming out of the fire wall and made a block off plate for it, but still has the heater hoses going through it. He said something about having to pull the dash and replace the unit? I hope this isn't going to be a nightmare to do.