Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant crossover pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Thats exactly what I did, use two front tubes, one in front, one in rear, run rubber line from rear and T into front, works fine.
That's what I did too.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Shockwave179
So what is the part number for the LS6 rear crossover tube?
LS1HowTo shows P/N 12568478 for the FRONT tube, and mentions using a front tube in the rear. I checked GMPartsDirect and it looks like it was superceeded by P/N 12602544. The only uncertainty is whether or not they can send the correct part, as they show multiple descriptions for the same thing. The closest looks like:
"Cooling - Radiator and components - Pipe - Engine air bleed
Engine air bleed - 8 cylinder, 1998-02 1998 - 2001"
Old 03-31-2011, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blocking off the back two isnt the end of the world. Just makes it a little tougher to get the air out of the system. In a max effort car or power adder car it "could" potentially make a hot spot in the head.

As for the reasoning for why GM made them with block off's on the back two: generally, the engines sit at a slight decline in the car. blocking off the rear two isnt a huge No-no. I'd rather block off the rear two than go chiseling away at the underside of a perfectly good Fast or LS6 intake. if you're truely worried about trapping air, raise up the nose of the car as you bleed the system. ;-)

I actually kinda like the idea of two front cross-overs! It's overkill, but a pretty intelligent innovation on how to get the job done.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
blocking off the back two isnt the end of the world. Just makes it a little tougher to get the air out of the system. In a max effort car or power adder car it "could" potentially make a hot spot in the head.

As for the reasoning for why GM made them with block off's on the back two: generally, the engines sit at a slight decline in the car. blocking off the rear two isnt a huge No-no. I'd rather block off the rear two than go chiseling away at the underside of a perfectly good Fast or LS6 intake. if you're truely worried about trapping air, raise up the nose of the car as you bleed the system. ;-)

I actually kinda like the idea of two front cross-overs! It's overkill, but a pretty intelligent innovation on how to get the job done.

BINGO!!!!

ws6store has a kit. 98-00 LS6/FAST Intake Manifold Coolant Pipe Kit
Old 05-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Reviving an old thread. I am going to do the valley cover conversion soon and I wanted to clarify something. If I have a 2000 Z28 with an LS1 intake why do I have to replace my coolant lines if I am putting my LS1 intake back on. The only thing that is going to change is now I will have the LS6 valley cover. Is the LS6 valley cover taller or something?? I just don't see why my coolant lines all of a sudden wont fit under my LS1 intake after the conversion.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:01 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahlifornyaking
Reviving an old thread. I am going to do the valley cover conversion soon and I wanted to clarify something. If I have a 2000 Z28 with an LS1 intake why do I have to replace my coolant lines if I am putting my LS1 intake back on. The only thing that is going to change is now I will have the LS6 valley cover. Is the LS6 valley cover taller or something?? I just don't see why my coolant lines all of a sudden wont fit under my LS1 intake after the conversion.
Only applies to FAST or LS6 intakes. If you're throwing the LS1 back on, you'll be fine. The bottom plate of the fast is lower, and the LS6 has ribs on the underside. That's what they're talking about.

I'm curious though, why aren't you going ahead and putting the LS6 intake on at the same time?
Old 05-28-2016, 08:59 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

If you still have the original four corner coolant piping (called a manifold) retain it. Sometimes debated, I'll say four corner is better. It will fit under a LS6 intake manifold if you shave the ribs.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahlifornyaking
The LS6 VC has a pipe coming out the front, the coolant pipes need to clear it which means they'll be raised up a little. They will still fit but you'll need to do a little careful bending so you don't squash something.

Quick Reply: coolant crossover pipes