Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LongTube Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LongTube Questions

About to purchase Pacesetter Long Tubes and a Texas speed catted y and had a quick question. They will be installed on a 2000 SS Camaro with the optional stock Dual Dual Cat back from SLP. My question is will the Texas speed catted y pipe mate up nicely with the stock dual dual cat back, or will i have to purchase a new cat back? Also I plan on getting the Headers with all Air/Egr provisions and and plan on having the rear O2's deleted. Is their anything else I should expect with this install?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00SSChevy
About to purchase Pacesetter Long Tubes and a Texas speed catted y and had a quick question. They will be installed on a 2000 SS Camaro with the optional stock Dual Dual Cat back from SLP. My question is will the Texas speed catted y pipe mate up nicely with the stock dual dual cat back, or will i have to purchase a new cat back? Also I plan on getting the Headers with all Air/Egr provisions and and plan on having the rear O2's deleted. Is their anything else I should expect with this install?
If will fit, but you may need to trim the end of the Y-Pipe a bit, as I had to do this with my Pacesetter LT's and ORY. Make sure to get 02 extensions, and spark plugs as well, it's almost stupid not to change them with everything off.

Also, I would re-use the stock bolts (the ones supplied are not great), and get a GM MLS gasket kit instead of the Pacesetter gaskets. Some better exhaust clamps would also be nice, as the ones supplied are not the best either. I used these:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...30733/10002/-1

Other than that install is pretty straight forward. Get the car as high as you can safely, it will make slipping the LT's in easier. Start with the passenger side because it takes longer, you can remove the coil packs on this side for more room. Also, DO NOT tighten everything down until you have everything in place, meaning LT's and Y-Pipe. This will make things a lot easier, as TSP Y's are known to be a bitch to install anyways. Don't forget anti-seize on the header bolts, and spark plug threads, and Di-electric grease on top of the plugs. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Great Info! Thanks for your help
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brother has Jet Hot LTs and a Texas Speed ORY mated to the Dual Dual on his 02 SS.

When we first installed the headers he had a Pacesetter ORY and we ended up trimming a couple inches off the I-pipe where it meets the Y-pipe. Once we installed the TSP ORY it fit like a glove. If you encounter difficulty getting yours to fit, you may want to consider trimming some from you I-pipe as well.

Good luck.