Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers, tune, intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers, tune, intake

im about to order obx longtube headers, bbk ssi intake and tb, and bassani catback for my 03 corvette. i want to tune it too. any ideas as to what kinda tune i should do. and what kinda numbers should i be able to put down with this setup. otherwise it is a stock car other then a cold air intake
Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 AM
11 Second Club

Yea, don't cheap out and get obx headers. You spent the money to get a Vette, put proper parts on it.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 AM
Staging Lane

whats the difference between a good pair and a cheap pair?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a big difference in a cheap pair and a good pair. Just make sure you have them made from the appropriate material. Mild steel = cheap pair Stainless = good pair. But, some people aren't entirely honest about what they are selling. Its too bad if they know and just pretend to believe its not 304 but rather higher quality. Just do your research. You will get more replies.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Staging Lane

all the reviews ive seen about them people seem to love them. so far the only people to put them down are those who say they have never owned them. and the ones i was looking at are 304 stainless. anything else i should look for?
Old 03-07-2011, 03:44 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Main thing is just to get something that has good fittament and clearance. Just has always made me wonder why they can sell them so cheap and other companies that sell the like are all pretty competitively priced right next to each other. I can tell you QTP and Kooks are made out of good material and have quite a bit of $ put into R&D. That all factors into what you are paying for. Don't forget customer service and satisfaction. I wouldnt spring for the ebay ones if I knew that they were chinese steel and stolen designs. So thats the dilemna usually.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

ok a friend talked me outta buying the obx's. so now im looking again and found a brand called doug's. anybody got any experience with them? i just dont have a lot of money spend on headers thats why im kinda looking for cheaper ones
Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firstls1vette
ok a friend talked me outta buying the obx's. so now im looking again and found a brand called doug's. anybody got any experience with them? i just dont have a lot of money spend on headers thats why im kinda looking for cheaper ones
if you dont have a bunch to spend on headers check out some pacesetters or flowtechs.

I've got the flowtechs with an ORY and SLP LM cat-back. love the sound and the clearance under the car is pretty good.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

W/ just those mods a mail order should be fine..Frost seems to be there best...and one of the cheapest on this site
Old 03-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
W/ just those mods a mail order should be fine..Frost seems to be there best...and one of the cheapest on this site
+1 on that.

i've read his tunes are pretty spot on. after i get my mail order i plan on putting it on a dyno to verify a/f ratio and then sending it back to him to make changes, if necessary.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by firstls1vette
im about to order obx longtube headers, bbk ssi intake and tb, and bassani catback for my 03 corvette. i want to tune it too. any ideas as to what kinda tune i should do. and what kinda numbers should i be able to put down with this setup. otherwise it is a stock car other then a cold air intake
Please don't cheap out on the long tubes. I'm glad your friend talked you out of the obx's. If you want cheap but good quality look into XS-Power stainless steel headers (heard many great things about those) or just go with some LG Street Series Headers. You can't beat the price on those for the quality. If money wasn't an option I would highly recommend choosing between Kooks, American Racing, or LG Super Pros. I myself have Kooks and couldn't be happier.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Check out texas speed headers