Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

home made TD's

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default home made TD's

Hey guys this is what I have....
summit x-pipe
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-643130/
and 2 over axle.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-53061/

If I were to run the x-pipe to bullets would I be able to use both over axle pipes?? and then fab the rest of the tail-pipe? (or fab up more dynomax walker pipes) I got a bunch of these pipes from my buddies shop here that closed down...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

have some Xr1 and LM1 res....to include with the dynomax bullets. just to hear the differences..but for now just interested in seeing if this setup would work..either that or use the 2.5 in over axle pipe for the v6 just to make it more snug fit with less rub...hmmm..
Old 03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with 2.5 instead of 3 inch,I don't see the pipes that you have listed working out very well,is it the pipe in the pic?maybe I'm missing something but I just don't see it,I have seen a few people cut there y put in a x pipe and run them dumped,also I think if ya did 3 inch over the axle you will have crush one of the ota pipes
Old 03-10-2011, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-642122/

sorry wrong pn..this is the kit I was talking about..yea I plan on chopping the y placing an X and extending the pipes over to bullet style mufflers than the 2.5 v6 ota or 3...w/out crushing (test first if need be than I'll crush) and extending so I can get tail pipes fabbed up. really my big concern is from the y to the ota....any thing before that and after... I can deal with..its just those spots...
Old 03-11-2011, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

I might have to modify the X a little bit or run an H to keep it narrow and as close to the stock location as possible so I can route it under the axle better....and yeah maybe the 2.5 might be the way to go ota..I'm just wondering if any one has tried it with these parts.. if not then I'll have to just get them bent accordingly..I just wanted to use what I have and run it the way it is..