Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump...

Im in need of a fuel pump, but unfortunately DO NOT KNOW the flow and pressure demands to select a pump. Its an 01' 5.3 LQ9.
Is there a place on the web that has these specs. in one location?
BTW, this is a custom application.

Thanks,

Chicago
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Banned

there is a lot more info needed. Like your HP output, do you need an in-tank pump etc.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cookba
there is a lot more info needed. Like your HP output, do you need an in-tank pump etc.

Dont really know quite honestly....
It a direct pull out from a GMC sierra truck that was BONE STOCK.
As far as needing an in tank vs. in line...THAT is a WHOLE CAN O WORMS... the tank is custom built essentially in a cube shape. I tried to make a pump from an 01 tahoe work, but space constraints above and below the tank wouldnt allow me to do that.
So Im vacillating back and forth between the Airtex E8245 for the in line or there is ONE OTHER in tank pump that Im gonna try before I give it up completely...its the one from Tanks inc. and it uses the walbro pump. The fittings are low profile enough that I MIGHT just be able to make it work. So to answer your question, Im looking at both in tank vs. in line, though I would PREFER using the in tank.
The rig is a 76 land cruiser that I swapped the motor in that will be used primarily for mild to moderate rock crawling, but WILL BE STREETABLE. Its got a matched 4L60E trans and dual t cases...what else would be helpful info?
Im 6'2", 37 years old weigh 245 lbs... (little humor...)

Thanks for any help. This is my first time through this stuff. Im a decent welder/ fabricator, but honestly, this has become a crash course for me in MANY WAYS!

Chicago

Quick Reply: Fuel pump...