Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oily breather problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oily breather problem

Ok. Got an 01 afr headed SS with 93k miles I put a breather on it about a month ago and no issues well had it retuned Sunday and after beating on it about 5 wot passes we come back and it's soaked with oil. So I get home and use break cleaner to clean it all off. Well I also seafoamed it and put a catch can on it at the same time and while doing so I noticed at idle it puffs mist out like a train. Then with a quick rev I does a bigger puff. I realize that a ring issue could be the cause but I did a compression test when I put the breather on the first time and it was 230s across the board. So I think I might of hurt the motor while tuning it or is this just a common issue.

What has me stumped is the breather didn't do this for the past month now it's soaked with oil again. And idk if it was or not but I think when I just checked it the dipstick was not in all the way like it pushed it out. I only did one 2-3 gear pull. Please help me