Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Identifying heads and parts.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Identifying heads and parts.

My son just bought a 2002 Camaro and we are trying to find out some information about the motor setup. The 2nd owner didn't have any information except it has heads and a cam so I thought Id start out with the heads and post up pictures of the engine and see if anyone here might see some things that we don't. Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2846 looks to be a serial number from the porter, I would assume. They were a 241 casting (as seen in the last picture). I'm afraid there's not much else to tell without tearing into it.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Banned

maybe throw up a pic and place of purchase. someone here on the tech might know the specifics on the vehicle.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaxnws6
maybe throw up a pic and place of purchase. someone here on the tech might know the specifics on the vehicle.
Good idea!

Here is a picture of the car. He just bought it from a guy in the Atlanta metro who bought it from a broker in Miami who said the car was local and had one owner when he bought it. Its an A4 and was recently rebuilt and a new transmission added. It looks to be a TCI tranny, but we wont know for sure until we can get under it better.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

ya other than saying they're cnc ported ls1 heads theres not much we can tell ya...

Search this Thread